Talk

Advanced search

How do you clean your flatscreen televisions?

(16 Posts)
Teachermumof3 Sun 25-Sep-11 16:38:46

I've been doing them with a slightly damp e-cloth but they are all smeary!! My friend says she uses window cleaner on her plasma tv and it's fine, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to do that!!

What do you use??

reckoner Sun 25-Sep-11 16:43:43

I use a special spray for cleaning computer and tv screens with a soft cloth or tissue. It was a couple of pounds from Aldi and half the bottle is still there after 5 years.

Melindaaa Sun 25-Sep-11 16:58:39

Window cleaner, damp sponge, dry cloth

letmehelp Sun 25-Sep-11 16:59:09

I use a slightly damp e-cloth and then rub it up with a dry one for no smears

Hulababy Sun 25-Sep-11 16:59:31

Wipes designed for computer monitors, etc. Use them on my iPad too and they seem to work fine.

SquishyCinnamonSwirls Sun 25-Sep-11 16:59:45

Anti static lens cloth.

Mine came with a little cloth.

I was told to NEVER use even a slightly damp cloth on it, or polish.

nokissymum Sun 25-Sep-11 17:06:04

Dry Anti static lens cloth. Never use a damp cloth etc

snigger Sun 25-Sep-11 17:08:11

I bought a for the purpose kit with a little CSI brush because DH is OCD about smudgy screens and he trots around with his little trainspotter frown spritzing and polishing, which is as unattractive as it is helpful.

You get them in Maplin, and elsewhere I'm sure.

bravamama Sun 25-Sep-11 17:13:11

i got a twin pack of sprays from currys at 18 pounds, blue bottles cant remember the name but it still leaves marks!

FootprintsInTheButter Sun 25-Sep-11 18:36:40

I use Flash spray and it doesn't smear. I'm sure that is not the most sensible option though.

scarlettsmummy2 Sun 25-Sep-11 18:40:07

windolene and a clean dry jay cloth. It is a bit smeary though, but you don't notice when the tv is on.

DooinMeCleanin Sun 25-Sep-11 18:44:21

Furniture polish and a yellow duster, unless dd2 has had sticky, jammy fingers all over it, in which case I use Flash with bleach and a damp cloth.

ANiceCupofTeaandASitDown Sun 25-Sep-11 19:18:43

Ive use a special ecloth which comes with its own spray specially for LCD, Plasma etc. Got mine from Lakeland but have also seen them in Homebase. Cost about £9.99 I think. It does work but my TV gets so smudgy from little fingers it doesnt last very long as spray tube is v. small.

lljkk Sun 25-Sep-11 19:19:30

What Reckoner said.

reckoner Mon 26-Sep-11 12:57:58

If you do use like window cleaner, you could put some in a little spray bottle (get them in Boots etc). I do that for cleaning my specs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now