Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning my carpets- yes another thrilling sat night question!

(5 Posts)
lizardqueenie Sat 24-Sep-11 21:49:25

My hallways, stairs, living room & dining room carpets could do with a real good clean & I'm sorry if I've asked this before- it's been on my mind for a while- can anyone recommend either a unit you can rent or a company that can come to you? Cream carpet in hall is looking particularly shocking! Ta smile

Cutiecat Sun 25-Sep-11 10:06:28

I just bought a vax ultra on amaon. It is briiliant. I worked out it paid for itself after two uses ratherthan havingcarpets cleaned. I also now haveit in event of accidents. Hth

WorzselMummage Sun 25-Sep-11 10:12:35

We hired a Rug Doctor from B&Q last weekend and did our house. It cost about £40 i think, incl the shampoo staff.

Be warned though, The water that came out of our upstairs carpets was pretty grim and made us a bit ashamed.. the water that came out of the living room carpet though.. OH MY GOD... it was vile, and it stank. We are pulling the carpet up and putting down wooden floor. GRIM. Carpets can hide a lot of grime.

it was quite easy to do though, took about 3 hours for 3 rooms and landing hall and steps.

neuroticmumof3 Sun 25-Sep-11 16:25:20

I'm due a Rug Doctor clean on my carpets. I think they're wonderful but as Worzsel says be prepared to be horrified by what comes out!

lizardqueenie Mon 26-Sep-11 18:14:56

Yes I'd seen the rug dr one and wondered if it was any good. Oh god, quite terrified what might come out! Will be a lot more practical in the long run for us to have floorboards or some kind of hard floor downstairs but I'll keep carpet upstairs- it's cosy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now