Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Steam mop - reassure me

(7 Posts)
SierraMadre Fri 23-Sep-11 13:29:57

What in the name of all that is holy is this? <<narrows eyes accusingly>>

I was about to go out and buy a steam mop for my new kitchen in a vain attempt to stop it getting as bad as the last owners did and now you tell me I have to clean the floor before mopping?

What's the sodding point of that?! Please explain yourselves!

DreamTeamGirl Sat 24-Sep-11 17:18:25

I have NEVER cleaned before I steam mop..... But then MOST MNers are wierd, and I am not....

Flisspaps Sat 24-Sep-11 17:28:37

Mine was meant to come yesterday, and now isn't coming until Monday angry I'm going to give the floor a quick hoover before mopping (rather than sweeping bits of food all over the place) and then mop it. Sod scrubbing it first!

SierraMadre Sun 25-Sep-11 12:13:25

Thank you ladies. I did wonder whether I had wandered into a parallel universe. Hoovering (bugger sweeping) first I can cope with and is just common sense, no?

Flisspaps which one have you gone for? Which seemed to rate the Black & Decker one and Lakeland aren't doing the Lite n Easy one anymore.

neuroticmumof3 Sun 25-Sep-11 16:14:34

I've gone for the Black and Decker one and can't wait for it to arrive. I'm not washing my floors this weekend. I'm deliberately getting them nice and grotty so I can properly test it. I'm starting to wonder if I'm a bit sad to be so over excited about a steam mop.

SierraMadre Sun 25-Sep-11 18:40:35

Consider my agony! Our kitchen is being knocked down and rebuilt and we won't get it back until the end of November and then I will have to wait a futher three weeks week before I can be arsed to use the steam mop

Flisspaps Sun 25-Sep-11 22:38:14

I've gone for a Bionnaire one as it was in the catalogue and I can't afford to shell out for one up front. It's got pretty good reviews online though, and comes apart so you can use it as a compact hand-held thingy too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now