Talk

Advanced search

can't afford cleaner - can't do FLY-lady - help me get a routine sorted, please!

(5 Posts)
ArfurBrain Thu 22-Sep-11 13:26:41

I work part time so Fly lady doesn't work for me.
I have a pretty small 3-bed semi, 2 school aged kids and a DH who works full-time. And nobody does a bloody hing to help, which is a whole other issue.
I am struggling to keep on top of everything and I do like to have a couple of hours a day for myself and my various hobbies and interests. My house is contantly cluttered and untidy.
Anyone in a similar position, please tell me what your daily routine is. Thanks.

Atwaroverscrabble Thu 22-Sep-11 13:36:31

Why wouldnt fly work for you? I work full time as does dh and i can do it, loads on here also work and do it too...

The key thing you mention is clutter... Follow her baby steps and declutter for 15 mins a day only. Be ruthless as you cannot tidy clutter and less stuff is less stuff to clean and tidy

ArfurBrain Thu 22-Sep-11 13:52:48

I have tried fly in the past and it is all consuming, and just doesn't seem compatible with being out of the house for 6 hours a day without running around celaning at 9pm. which I am not prepared to do (given i am in bed by 9.30/10)
I have done the blitz thing and a few bits from it.
I don't have time to sit down and look on a website every day to read her instructions. i just need to work out my own workable routine

An0therName Thu 22-Sep-11 15:49:04

I have to say that to do flylady best to have a bit of time when you are not out all day at the start
but I would say 15 min declutter, and 15 min doing some cleaning every day. so say hoover downstairs, hoover upstairs would properely help - plus wash every day

Cwm Fri 23-Sep-11 11:12:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now