Talk

Advanced search

sun cream stains on clothing

(7 Posts)
mollymole Mon 19-Sep-11 09:37:33

does any one know how to get sun protection cream stains out of clothing - however many times I wash and at whatever temp. they still lurk

GrimmaTheNome Wed 21-Sep-11 13:30:05

I was going to post the same question - I've just excavated the post-holiday ironing pile to the 'whites' layer and there are yellowish stains on lots of cotton clothes. They were washed in bio detergent, 40%, I think with white Vanish powder.

Is there a stain devil or suchlike that will deal with it?

dexter73 Wed 21-Sep-11 14:46:20

I've never managed to get it out sad

DorisVinyard Wed 21-Sep-11 15:46:18

90 degree wash with persil and scoop of vanish. Repeat (wash twice in this manner). This worked for me.

GrimmaTheNome Wed 21-Sep-11 16:05:02

Bit scared to put my favorite shorts and nice beach kaftan thing in at 90!

homeaway Wed 21-Sep-11 18:12:46

You can buy stain removers for specific stains. I often have to use the oil one on t shirts as nothing else will get the stains out. I wonder if you tried and oil stain remover if it would work ? The brand i use is dr beckermann , i dont know if you can get it in the UK.

GrimmaTheNome Thu 22-Sep-11 11:34:28

I think Dr Beckerman is available here - yes, you're right it probably does need oily stain remover. Though I thought the basic point of detergents was to bind to lipids ...wonder what's in the special products? My old stain devil for that has just about run out, will wait till I've been shopping then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now