Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me some bedsheets!

(8 Posts)
berri Sun 18-Sep-11 19:12:21

Don't mind splashing out and would like some really good ones, are there any brands I should be looking at over others?

LoveInAColdClimate Sun 18-Sep-11 19:46:34

Not sure if you were thinking posher than this, but our John Lewis ones have been great.

berri Sun 18-Sep-11 20:20:11

Not posh necessarily - just getting sick of them going bobbly after a few months and wanting to replace them, so I thought if I got better quality ones it might actually save me money in the long run!

A friend recommended Frettes but just looked them up and nearly fell over at the price - £190 just for a sheet shock !!!!!!!!

LoveInAColdClimate Sun 18-Sep-11 20:31:49

Our JL ones have worn v well. Worth going in person to shop as some much softer than others. Expensive-ish (think our super king duvet covers were about £100) but wash brilliantly and stay soft - and not nearly as pricy as others out there!

Graciescotland Sun 18-Sep-11 20:53:01

JL I've had some 400tc bedding from there for about four years no bobbles and it's so soft.

berri Tue 20-Sep-11 20:28:09

Thank you - will have a look at the weekend.

Cheeks4970 Thu 22-Sep-11 21:03:55

Hi Berri, I usually buy JL and have been happy with them except was v annoyed that the buttons on our £80 duvet cover came off after a couple of washes! I've sewn them back on twice but was sick of it. I was on holiday recently and the hotel we stayed in had lovely linen and so I checked for the brand and they were from www.kingofcotton.co.uk - I have since bought a lovely lovely duvet cover (with an envelope edge and ties!) for £35 and a fitted sheet which I think was about £22 for a double. They have a lot of linen and sell to the hotel industry. I am a v happy customer and will not be going back to JL!

berri Fri 23-Sep-11 02:04:53

Oh great tip, thanks very much Cheeks - will have a look now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now