Talk

Advanced search

steamers

(9 Posts)
kbaby Sun 18-Sep-11 16:02:09

I'm going through a lakeland magazine and I'm at the steamers.

Now they look good but I'm working what exactly do you use them for.

Can anyone tell me so I can see if I need one

ForYourDreamsAreChina Sun 18-Sep-11 16:05:04

I've just bought a cheap as chips one £9.99 from Home Bargains....hand held one, apparently it will magicly clean my oven and bathroom from all the gunge that's accumulated because I'm a slutty housekeeper.

ForYourDreamsAreChina Sun 18-Sep-11 16:06:05

Or do you mean a veggie steamer? Even cheaper than chips, buy some steamer bags and chuck them in the microwave!

BerylStreep Sun 18-Sep-11 22:02:43

Loosens dried on dirt, e.g. High chairs, cots, tiles, dried on plaster, manky floors. Gets rid of smells on bedding, carpets, around toilets. Cleans glass on ovens. Makes light work of velux windows if you have squidgee attachment. I could go on and on.

Some people use theirs for removing creases from clothes, but I have always found it a bit of a gaff.

BerylStreep Sun 18-Sep-11 22:03:01

Faff

kbaby Sun 18-Sep-11 22:54:56

No a cleaning steamersmile

pengymum Sun 18-Sep-11 23:14:09

Major disadvantage is that you (or some other mug) has to actually switch them on and use them! Wonderful if you cba though. grin
Can also use for ironing and steaming clothes, with the iron attachment.
Wish I could afford a cleaner and then they could get everything spanking clean for me!

kbaby Mon 19-Sep-11 18:37:36

See but if I had a new toy to play with I would enjoy cleaning for a week or two!!

pengymum Mon 19-Sep-11 21:43:19

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now