Talk

Advanced search

Suggest to me some 70's sorta stuff?

(1 Post)
SaffronCake Sun 18-Sep-11 12:24:48

I've just got some very purple (officially "plum") chenille curtains for my bedroom, think Cadburys but then go one shade more berry. It's irrational because they don't go with anything but I love them, so it's time for a bedroom makeover.

The walls are white, the carpet is cream, the furniture is "antique pine effect" but I hate it so ignore that, I'll probably change it.

I thought in order to carry off my huge purple statement curtains we probably want to go with a 70's kinda thing... or as my sister put it "Austin Powers" haha!

I'm thinking go for a goldy sort of a feature wall behind the bed as there's nothing on that wall at all. I've sent for a sample of this wallpaper.

Also I need a rug to cover an old iron burn in the carpet. I am torn between a sheepskin (fake one, needs to be washable) or a zebra one maybe?

And what about some smoked glass? I could add a vase or something.

What else would fit maybe? Throw me some ideas?

I have to keep the cost down though, I am already in trouble for the "unneccassary" curtains, so nothing too posh (and it's not the sort of design style you keep forever anyway).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now