Talk

Advanced search

You lot made me buy a Miele Cat & Dog, now come and help me...

(23 Posts)
Honeydragon Sat 17-Sep-11 17:12:04

I have just purchased a used hand Miele cylinder, but the newest model. To see if it is better than my Dyson DC07 for Labrador hair and general mess.

I have noticed than it blows out very hot air when its switched on is this normal? It's working brill and I am very excited at how much easier it appears than the Dyson.

So to clarify

Hot air normal?
How often does that filter thingy in the top need replacing and is correct I need to replace the paper thingy inside the top cassette thingy each time I replace the bag?

Will this Vacuum make me happy, or will you all be getting the hard stare in a weeks time?

All advice & tips gratefully received grin

Honeydragon Sat 17-Sep-11 20:04:43

Pathetic & needy bump

LemonDifficult Sat 17-Sep-11 20:54:02

Shouldn't this be in the How to Work My New Electrical Goods section?

Honeydragon Sat 17-Sep-11 20:56:12

grin

Honeydragon Sat 17-Sep-11 20:56:50

and cock off and get me some help! Is my vacuum meant to fart hot air!

Tortington Sat 17-Sep-11 20:57:32

NOT NORMAL IT SHOULD DEFFO BE SUCKING AIR NOT BLOWING AIR

i think you bought a garden leaf blower by mistake love

Nagoo Sat 17-Sep-11 20:59:44

it'll be nice in the winter? A lovely warm gust up your dressing gown?

Lottieloulou Sat 17-Sep-11 21:00:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

purpleturtle Sat 17-Sep-11 21:01:12

I have a Vax pet something or other, which emits hot air - I've learnt not to stand next to it. grin

tibni Sat 17-Sep-11 21:05:31

yes to hot air.

Filters come in the box with bags so if I remember I change the 2 together. My meile copes well with labrador hair - I don't have a cat and dog because the meile came before the dog!

Honeydragon Sat 17-Sep-11 21:05:32

Lottieloulou

THANK YOU THANK YOU, You wonderful Mnetter, that's all I needed to hear! I've never had a cylinder before so wanted to check the hot air out the vent was normal.

<promotes Lottie to most favourite Mnetter>

Honeydragon Sat 17-Sep-11 21:06:06

& tibni grin

Ponders Sat 17-Sep-11 21:08:56

bit late now but yes, you change both filters whenever you start a new box of bags.

& the hotness increases as the bag fills IIRC

Ponders Sat 17-Sep-11 21:09:15

heat, even blush

Honeydragon Sat 17-Sep-11 21:12:30

Excellent. Ponders.
Will keep an eye on the filter then.

It was very exciting being able to leave the Miele plugged in downstairs and do upstairs.

Couldn't do that with the Dyson. My hoovering time is halved, more time for Mnetting grin

SecretNutellaFix Sat 17-Sep-11 23:29:00

you'd have even more if you just vacuumed the dog.

Honeydragon Sat 17-Sep-11 23:31:52

Nutty

I do

blush

She lies in front of the Dyson and waits for her turn

Squirtypants Sun 18-Sep-11 15:56:44

Ha! Me too...both our labradors have been hoovered today.
Btw, a couple of things about miele bags;
- there are fake ones out there. I bought some cheap off the internet and they weren't genuine and were rubbish. I get them direct from the miele shop online now
- they aren't cheap so I pull all the dog hair out of a full bag and use it again.

Notsurehow Sun 18-Sep-11 16:00:23

Should have bought a SEBO....wink

Honeydragon Sun 18-Sep-11 16:13:38

The lady who sold me the Miele gave me bags that are compatible

these they seem great.

I cannot believe how much better it is than my Dyson shock better pick up and much easier to use.

notsure I didn't get the opportunity to buy a 10 month old Sebo for £40.00 or I'd have happily tried one wink

BerylStreep Sun 18-Sep-11 17:45:26

Yes, hot air normal. I change the filter when the filter light comes on.

One thing with my one, it cuts out quite often (when you look at the control on the hose, it is still lit up, but down to standby mode), and you need to manually increase the suction using the control on the hose, IYSWIM. This seems to be a bit of a fault with them - I just sent mine off to get serviced, and the guy cleaned the electrical connections in the hose for me and this sorted it. Good to know it is fixable.

Honeydragon Sun 18-Sep-11 18:13:59

that's good to know. When the Dyson cut it meant is was in need of major help smile

MollieO Sun 18-Sep-11 18:16:23

I was going to write 'should have got a Sebo' but I see Notsurehow beat me to it grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now