Talk

Advanced search

There's a ghost in my fridge.

(6 Posts)
tallwivglasses Sat 17-Sep-11 11:49:53

I have the kind of fridge that makes an annoying little repetitive beep every time the door is left open for too long.

The problem is, it's started doing it OVER AND OVER AGAIN even though the door is shut. I've tried making sure the fridge is level, taking stuff out of the door, checking the seal, etc, to no avail.

Sometimes it stays quiet for a while then starts up again and goes off every few seconds.

Please can anyone help before I murder someone?

LittleMissProcrastinator Sat 17-Sep-11 12:03:43

Hi, We used to have a fridge that sounded like there was a cow in it!
No seriously!grin
It used to MOOO !
We bought a new one in the end cause we couldn't stand it any more and it was a BEKO make.

mumatron Sat 17-Sep-11 12:07:22

littlemiss my Beko fridge does that! apparently it's the frost free thingy working.

i have to go past it to go to the loo and it frightens me at night even though I know what it is <idiot emoticon>

tallwivglasses Sat 17-Sep-11 12:54:12

Thank you for sharing that LittleMiss and mamatron. I suppose it helps in that I realise I'm not alone...in fact, a 'moo' would make a refreshing change.

Mine sounds like a DEMENTED ELECTRONIC CUCKOO!

<backs away from knife drawer>

tallwivglasses Sat 17-Sep-11 13:11:18

It's a Samsung cool n' cool (sic) btw.

Stupid bloody name angry

gemma4d Sun 18-Sep-11 22:11:19

The beep isn't battery powered is it? I know thats a long shot, but dying batteries would do it.

Can you find the little bit that detects the door is open? Maybe fiddle with that?

Another long shot, have you put a bright torch inside and shut the door - that way its easy to tell if your seal has any gaps.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now