Talk

Advanced search

have you ever repaired a zip...

(5 Posts)
janek Sat 17-Sep-11 11:48:13

with this: betterware zip repair kit?

i can't tell whether it would work, or just be a waste of money and i wondered if anyone had used it.

dd1 had a coat, now outgrown, that the bit you pull on the zip broke off. it was really inconvenient because it meant she couldn't do the zip up herself, but other than that the coat would be fine for dd2.

and if not the betterware zip repairer, do you have a better suggestion?

all suggestions welcome grin ...

tia

LIZS Sat 17-Sep-11 11:54:26

If you still have the loop attached to the running part of the zipper then you could thread ribbon or braid through or one of those small keyrings as a puller. I've in the past replaced the running part with an older similar size one where the teeth had got broken. We've got a suitcase which had the running part broken off through the loop hmm but not sure if one of those would be the right size or stong enough to fit.

Helennn Sat 17-Sep-11 11:56:47

I'm fairly sure I saw these at Dunelm Mill in the week in the sewing/haberdashery department, but please ring first to make sure before you make a long journey!

janek Sat 17-Sep-11 12:17:50

good idea, lizs, i'll try it.

thanks helenn it would be much easier to see those things in person than to order them and then discover they're rubbish. that's if lizs's idea doesn't work for any reason.

berri Sun 18-Sep-11 19:42:07

Use a paperclip!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now