Talk

Advanced search

Sick of mismatched tupperware - can anyone recommend a good brand?

(9 Posts)
digitalgirl Thu 15-Sep-11 12:55:40

In a fit of rage I've chucked out all our tupperware (which mainly consisted on takeaway boxes and lids that didn't fit).

Need to bulk buy a load of plastic boxes that will go in the freezer and not dry the food out. Plus double up as packed lunch boxes so I can take stuff to work straight out of the freezer and not have a leaky mess all over my handbag.

wolfhound Thu 15-Sep-11 13:06:58

Lock & Lock. They go in the freezer, microwave and dishwasher. And the lids are watertight - don't leak at all even if full of liquid. They don't go out of shape when washed in the dishwasher so the lids always fit. And they come in all sorts of interesting shapes and sizes...

LoveInAColdClimate Thu 15-Sep-11 13:08:08

I second Lock & Lock. They sell it in Lakeland. It's fab.

LoveInAColdClimate Thu 15-Sep-11 13:10:32

Oh, don't bother buying a cheapie imitation - we have lots of proper Lock & Lock and some crappola rip-off version bought in a supermarket, which leaks if used as a lunchbox. I keep meaning to bin it and buy some more proper Lock & Lock, although I suppose it's ok for keeping stuff in the fridge or freezer.

digitalgirl Thu 15-Sep-11 13:17:18

brilliant - I shall order some straightaway. aaah, the dream of an organised tupperware cupboard is within reach!

RedRubyBlue Thu 15-Sep-11 13:17:55

Yep Lock & Lock. Brilliant stuff.

BleughCowWonders Thu 15-Sep-11 13:23:23

Lock and lock (at the risk of sounding repetitive!) smile

But try QVC online first -they tend to have some pretty good offers.

Poodlehorse Thu 15-Sep-11 14:26:20

and I think there is a version now that stacks inside itself so that storage is easier. Lakeland sell those not sure about QVC. I long for doing what you are doing but I faint at the price of doing it all at once so I am slowly moving that way. I should just do it and it would be worth it. Plus I can't decide which sizes I need. So much choice. Not enough brain left.

AngelDog Thu 15-Sep-11 21:40:35

Yeah, Lock & Lock. They're the best of all ours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now