Talk

Advanced search

Electric ceiling heating

(3 Posts)
chicletteeth Tue 13-Sep-11 14:44:00

Hello,

does anybody heat their house by this means? We are buying a property and I've never seen one that is solely electric (there is no gas supply to the house at all) and runs it's central heating off electricity.

The owners reckon that is is no less, and in fact even more efficient than gas central heating since you don't lose energy through combustion of fuel but I've never, ever seen this used in a residential setting (it's quite common in commericial building so I'm told).

I can google it and have done and it would seem to be a reasonably way of heating a property for no real extra cost, but just wondering if anybody has any first hand experience of this.

The owners have a vested interest in convincing me it's as good/better so I wanted to ask others

thanks

Deflatedballoonbelly Tue 13-Sep-11 14:45:30

Is that where the heat comes from vents? Is it a 70's house?

chicletteeth Tue 13-Sep-11 14:48:09

Yes, it's a seventies house, it's generated by electric coils in the ceiling (rather than vents in the floor which I have seen before and are very common in north america)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now