Talk

Advanced search

Alessi Kettle is it wort the price?

(7 Posts)
chickydoo Mon 12-Sep-11 18:46:22

Does anyone have the electric version? I have been thinking about getting one for years, my kettle has just gone bang, needed replacing anyway, bottom had melted.
Is the Alessi worth the £139.00 It looks lovely, and the little bird whistle too...
Any experiences??

dexter73 Mon 12-Sep-11 19:11:34

My friend has one and it boils water successfully. Not much more I can say about it!

amazonianwoman Mon 12-Sep-11 22:08:03

I have the hob version and love it. The electric one looks good but has dire reviews on Amazon.

GreyTS Mon 12-Sep-11 22:14:26

I have it, it's very cute - is it worth it well it boils water the whistling bird can be annoying but is handy. It has lasted the last 4 years and looks as good as new but I guess it depends how much you like it whether it's worth that much.

chickydoo Mon 12-Sep-11 22:56:38

Thank you, think I might give it a go

RedRubyBlue Thu 15-Sep-11 13:25:59

I worked in a kitchenware shop and we stopped stocking Alessi electrical products as they were so awful and we had so many returns on them.

titan Thu 15-Sep-11 13:30:39

They look good but we had two electric ones a few years back and both broke. We now have a siemens one which is fine but not as pretty!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now