Talk

Advanced search

Smelly matress.

(9 Posts)
InstructionsToTheDouble Mon 12-Sep-11 11:34:43

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

bigfatgypsy Mon 12-Sep-11 12:29:03

Bi-carb of soda? I use that if anyone wets the bed and it draws the smell right out. Presumably it'd do the same thing on any other smells? Just sprinkle on a thick layer and rub it into the surface. Leave it for a while then just brush it up and throw away.

InstructionsToTheDouble Mon 12-Sep-11 12:42:47

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

javo Mon 12-Sep-11 12:46:29

I second the bicarb route. If that still doesn't solve it and the mattress is white you could dilute some Milton fluid and put in a spray bottle and give the worst bits a spritz. This combo worked with dried in milk spills for me.

piprabbit Mon 12-Sep-11 12:47:45

Bi-carb of soda - then hoover it up.

Very satisfying grin.

starfishmummy Mon 12-Sep-11 13:02:44

If you'd posted a while ago I would have suggested sticking it out in the garden for the day.
Second the bicarb etc and would suggest that you buy a decent matress protector or two (doesn't have to be waterproof) and wash them frequently

InstructionsToTheDouble Mon 12-Sep-11 13:52:43

BerylStreep Mon 12-Sep-11 16:48:35

If the bi-carb doesn't work, you could try using a steam cleaner.

For future use, I agree with starfish, invest in a couple of good quality mattress protectors.

InstructionsToTheDouble Tue 13-Sep-11 13:31:41

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now