Talk

Advanced search

steam mops

(15 Posts)
TheHumanCatapult Fri 09-Sep-11 21:33:39

Are they any good and how heavy are they .We have a lot of tiled floors in the house and fed up trying to keep clean with normal mops

poolet Fri 09-Sep-11 22:02:50

I'd love a steam mop for my tiled floor and for my carpets. The one on QVC has all sorts of attachments for cleaning walls and cookers too.

Sorry, no help to you TheHuman smile

I'd like to know if they make a lot of steam as my house tends to get damp & mouldy if I breathe too hard!

TheHumanCatapult Sun 11-Sep-11 11:50:01

bumping surely someone must have them

clappyhands Sun 11-Sep-11 12:01:33

was actually just thinking of mine today (it broke a few months ago)

would really recommend - i miss mine sad

mine was from lakeland (and only broke as i let it run out of water - totally my fault)

think i will repurchase when i get paid at the end of the month

TheHumanCatapult Sun 11-Sep-11 17:08:10

How light are they to use as use mine from a seated angle ?

Rosietheriveter28 Sun 11-Sep-11 17:23:35

I bougth a Vax one and despite great amazon reviews - it was rubbish. Really bloody heavy and just went back to normal mopping.

imnobody Mon 12-Sep-11 07:18:53

I was wanting the one on Lakeland but I am sure I have read somewhere that they have discontinued it sad

DreamTeamGirl Mon 12-Sep-11 12:23:48

I just adore mine. Was from Lakeland and vvv cheap, but yes discontinued

They have them on Amazon link

chickflit Mon 12-Sep-11 12:25:30

Mine was from Lakeland, I love it. It's not too heavy and works well on my tiled floors. Only complaint was the cable wasn't long enough so I have to use it with an extension lead.

DreamTeamGirl Mon 12-Sep-11 12:26:05

Oh and to answer questions

It is plenty light- one hand operation, the steam is gone in a few seconds, never used on carpets, but it drags on rugs, no idea on from seated

But I love it, and they sold 3 more to my neighbours who borrowed and loved it too

zgaze Mon 12-Sep-11 12:28:00

I have a Bionaire one from Argos, it's brilliant and easily light enough to use from a seated position

KimberlyClark Mon 12-Sep-11 12:30:21

i hve prolextric from robert dyas

was £30 (think in sale)

can use on carpet. light and easy to use.

TheHumanCatapult Fri 16-Sep-11 11:50:42

ty

hmm still unsure wish there was rechargeable option as think the lead may end up being a pita and catch on my wheels

dilbertina Fri 16-Sep-11 12:12:20

I've got the ex lakeland one that dreamteamgirl linked to on amazon and I think it's great. Much less effort required than normal mops. I always use an extension lead with it as supplied lead is too short.

If money no object how about one of these?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Irobot-Wiper-Robot-Scooba-385/dp/B001LDC2A6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316171363&sr=8-1 mixed reviews but might be worth keeping an eye out for newer/better models.

TheHumanCatapult Fri 16-Sep-11 12:21:39

money sadly is lacking but could be very tempted on the scooba once moved as downstairs be all tiles or lino and is a pita to do from my chair

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now