Talk

Advanced search

Nice Duvet Covers

(6 Posts)
Fuzzled Fri 09-Sep-11 09:00:32

I'll put my hands up, I use cheap Primark sheets and pillowcases as they wash really well and DH tends to make expensive sheets really bobbly so they have to go out after about 2 years. I resent paying lots of money for expensive stuff to only have to chuck it, so cheap and cheerful does me.

However, I do like 'naice' duvet covers and top pillows, but am struggling to find any in the shops. DH doesn't like satins or sequins etc, although doesn't mind flat embroidery. Price maybe about £30-40 (or cheaper! wink ) as for some reason the covers last much better.

Design should be nothing floral and purple/burgundy/blues for colour.

Anyone got recommendations?

starrychime Sat 10-Sep-11 16:03:39

I recommend a browse round John Lewis bedding department grin I could spend hours and all my cash in there quite easily - they have some lovely stuff and quite reasonable I think.

mamijacacalys Sat 10-Sep-11 19:34:39

linen.co.uk
Debenhams also good for high thread count fitted sheets plus they sometimes have events/ offers.
Agree with starry about JL.
HTH

haveigotnewsforyou Sat 10-Sep-11 19:42:20

How about plain duvet cover, sheet and pillowcases? JL. Debenhams and M&S are all good options.

I used to have all white with a throw and cushions over the top. Was brilliant. Could chuck it all in the wash at 60 degrees. Stuck it back on the bed unironed under the throw.

Now I have a beautiful off white embroidered set which is a pig to iron...

mamijacacalys Sat 10-Sep-11 19:56:18

That should be www.justlinen.co.uk

PercyPigPie Sun 11-Sep-11 19:40:08

I hate the stuff the department stores sell, but Laura Ashley does bed linen that is much nicer than the rest of the stuff they sell imo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now