Talk

Advanced search

For the 100th time...where to buy bedlinen (deep king sized bed)!

(19 Posts)
Awomancalledhorse Thu 08-Sep-11 11:48:23

Hey all, had a search through the archives...found some decent stuff (from a few years back), but just wondering if anyone can recommend the best place to buy bed linen from (for a deep, king sized bed)?
Christys & the White Company do not seem to have deep sheets on their websites.

Our current stuff is from John Lewis...and I've just put my foot through the sheet.
Does anyone know if the Dorma stuff (that you get in Dunlem Mill) is any good?

TIA

blabalalalablabla Thu 08-Sep-11 15:32:01

M&S do extra deep fitted sheets - don't know what the quality is like though?
I use john lewis egyptian cotton ones and they are pretty thick compared to the regular ones - you'd have to have them for a good few years before putting your foot through them.

crockydoodle Thu 08-Sep-11 15:34:13

I had an M & S one for just under 2 years and dh put his foot through it. Bought one from Next. They only do 3 or 4 colours though.

Dorma quality has really gone downhill I think. My parents had a set which lasted for years, but some which I bought for our bed when we moved into this house 4 years ago was wrecked and fell apart after 2 years.

We replaced it with John Lewis, who do deep sheets in a kingsize which is what we buy. 2 years on and it still all looks like new, very happy with it - thank goodness considering the price tag!

What is this putting your foot through? I have never heard of this in RL!

Awomancalledhorse Thu 08-Sep-11 16:57:33

We have had this John Lewis sheets for 3 years, so I guess they're near the end of their life? Annoying as it cost about £80.

Thanks for the M&S suggestions, found some cheap(ish) ones I may go buy over the weekend (have an M&S gift card, from Christmas that still needs spending)!

Ali, I was trying to get comfortable (pg, having a cheeky nap), pushed myself uptoward the headboard & managed to end up with my big toe (nails aren't claw-like) ripping through the sheet..and I'd only just made the bed the day before ARGH!
Thanks for letting me know about Dorma too!

frenchfancy Fri 09-Sep-11 07:17:42

Try www.justlinens.co.uk they have alot of the good brands like Christy's and Dorma.

frenchfancy Fri 09-Sep-11 07:18:23

Sorry link wrong, should have been www.justlinen.co.uk

nannyl Fri 09-Sep-11 08:16:39

the white company

all the sheets they sell are extra deep compared to "nornal" sheets.

I emailed them to ask, as i simply couldnt believe they didnt sell deep sheets... and they replied. My mattress needs deep sheets and the white company ones fit perfectly.

Awomancalledhorse Fri 09-Sep-11 14:34:09

Thanks for the link frenchfancy, and thanks for letting me know about the white company nannyl!

pud1 Fri 09-Sep-11 14:37:54

Google victoria linens. These are made to measure. They will make them to any size. They are very good quality

Haggisfish Sat 10-Sep-11 14:23:43

TK MAxx - they sell top notch stuff at ok prices, they are especially good for big beds.

leeloo1 Sat 10-Sep-11 17:23:57

I recently got new sheets from these people (including cashback from Quidco).

They do sheets in 30cm and 40cm depths. We got 1 x 300 threadcount sheet for about £13 and 1 x 600 for about £34. They both feel really good quality and look very smart. Sadly I also got a mattress topper from them (reason for getting extra, extra deep sheets) but it gave DH backache as too soft and obv they won't take it back as its 'used' - if only for 1 night - so thats languishing in the corner. Oh and we got a mattress protector too and that seems ok.

AngelDog Sat 10-Sep-11 22:52:01

We've had John Lewis ones for 10 years and they're fine still. They do deep sheets.

I'd get in touch with them - that seems an overly short time for a sheet to last.

piprabbit Sat 10-Sep-11 22:56:42

Northern Nights from QVC - lovely sheets and very deep. Wish I'd found them years ago.

here.

Kidsandpets Tue 13-Sep-11 11:37:14

Next do deep bedsheets.

startail Tue 13-Sep-11 11:51:41

Yes, but Next ordinary fitted sheets dot stay on the bed after you wash them.
elastics gone soft or something. angry

Kidsandpets Wed 14-Sep-11 13:58:14

We've got the Next deep sheets and they always stay put.

LoveInAColdClimate Thu 15-Sep-11 13:12:22

John Lewis would probably replace it - some of our pillowcases tore after about 18 months and they replaced them with no quibble and no receipt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now