Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible to have a chic home with two preschool children?

(12 Posts)
naturelover Thu 08-Sep-11 10:22:17

If so, please share your tips!

Thanks

babycham42 Thu 08-Sep-11 14:09:06

No -- Sorry! grin

(that"s just me though....)

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Thu 08-Sep-11 14:11:00

only if you put them in preschool/nursery all day and all they do is sleep at yours...
If they are at home with you, no. DD2 19 months and undoing everything I do behind me straight away ....

SeniorWrangler Thu 08-Sep-11 15:20:09

Do a big round up of general household clutter every evening, and it will be chic for most of the time you are sitting down long enough to notice it!

orangina Thu 08-Sep-11 15:25:01

NO.

Not without staff in any event......

orangina Thu 08-Sep-11 15:25:11

grin

BoringSchoolChoiceNickname Thu 08-Sep-11 15:28:41

Yes if that's the thing you really care about.

My theory of childrearing is that you can normally manage to save one thing from your childfree life, be that holidays, gigs, social life, career, lie ins at the weekend, immaculate grooming, etc, as long as you decide that you will not give it up, and act accordingly. If you have lots of money you can save more than one thing.

I personally think it would be a bit tragic to decide that the thing you care about most of all is your chic home - which is why mine is a tip.

Ooopsadaisy Thu 08-Sep-11 15:31:08

A "house" may be chic but anywhere that anyone can call "home" should be cosy and a bit mad.

Oh yes, and wait til they're teens. Then you'll be wishing they were little again. Size 10 shoes a tidy hallway do not make.

Fuzzled Fri 09-Sep-11 09:25:45

No. And I only have 1 grin

Have now put gates on almost every other door so he's confined to one room now. Still manage to have baby crap in every room though hmm confused

Fuzzled really?

OP no I don't think it is possible. Nor desirable really. Mine looks ok once the boys are in bed and we've tidied, but we don't eradicate every trace of small child.

sneakybeak Fri 09-Sep-11 19:51:51

No.

Dull women live in chic houses.

<gavel>

Grumpla Fri 09-Sep-11 19:53:25

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now