Advanced search

Gap between cooker & worktop. Product please!

(17 Posts)
missjulie Mon 05-Sep-11 22:49:28

Hello ladies of wisdom!
I have been searching relentlessly on-line for this product, some call it a 'gap cap', others a 'stove extender', have found loads on-line, mainly abroad, and none that ship to the U.K!!! AAAAARGH!
Can anyone help?
Thanking you in advance!

ANiceCupofTeaandASitDown Thu 08-Sep-11 22:31:14

I vaguely remember seeing something like this in the Lakeland Catalogue. I just checked their website but as I cant remember what it was called cant find it!! I have dealt with them before and they are v. helpful so maybe give them a call? Good Luck!

missjulie Sat 10-Sep-11 00:45:38

Thanks hun. Did try them but it has been discontinued. Have since found it elsewhere, with the help of another MNetter! smile

I have added cool emoticons to this message.
To see them go to

neuroticmumof3 Sat 10-Sep-11 15:11:12

I didn't even know such a thing existed until I saw this thread but the link just takes me to some wierd site that wants me to download something. I need this product.

missjulie Mon 12-Sep-11 22:09:26

Here it is neurotic

Indaba Sat 17-Sep-11 22:42:06

I was in my local DIY store and saw about 5 different brands of the stuff......and we live in South Africa. Get down to B&Q or similar and check out...... you may be surprised. If we have it here you must have it in the UK easily available.

missjulie Tue 25-Oct-11 20:31:26

Couldn't find anything local, but all sorted now! smile

janie11 Mon 17-Aug-15 18:53:02

I have come across this thread, as I am also looking for the magnetic strips to fill the gap between my cooker and worktops. There are loads in the USA but cannot find any in the UK, I would be really happy if someone could let me know where I could find black ones.

wowfudge Tue 18-Aug-15 03:11:00

Can you not buy from eBay? Yes you'll have to pay the postage, but it would save you a search.

janie11 Tue 18-Aug-15 22:29:25

Unfortunately the ones on Ebay are 23 inches I need 24", I would have thought someone in the UK would still sell them,

Linda9287 Sat 27-Feb-16 12:17:46


I know this is an old thread but I came across this forum while looking for a solution to 2-3 cm gap on both sides of my cooker.

After a bit of research I was able remedy this problem using the below item from eBay.

Hope this helps anybody else who comes across this.



Sammy29 Fri 08-Apr-16 16:10:16

Linda I'm not sure if you will see this but I love you! Ive been searching for something like this as I have a cooker with a few cm gap on each side and after some more food escaped down it today it was the last straw!

After I came across this forum post I just had to register to say thank you!

For anybody else who sees this in the future, Linda's link is great however i think that auction ended. They do however sell this on amazon which is where i bought it. Link shown below to help anybody else in the future.

Take care!

Steve01282 Tue 12-Apr-16 04:59:48

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

summerhazey Tue 19-Apr-16 15:55:33

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Steve01282 Thu 21-Apr-16 15:23:48

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Steve01282 Fri 29-Apr-16 15:49:30

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

SunnySuzie Sat 07-May-16 05:04:24

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now