Advanced search

IKEA kitchen experts - help!

(3 Posts)
ArthurMcAffertyhastwocats Fri 02-Sep-11 21:02:55

I have what I have always assumed is an IKEA kitchen, but I couldn't swear to it - it was here when I moved in.

Anyway, I have a drawer unit with two drawers at the top that are 18 cm high, and a bottom drawer for saucepans that is 40cm high. The front has fallen off the bottom drawer because the sides have basically come apart and there's nothing to hold it together - I think it's just over use over a period of about 8 years. So I need a new drawer inner (think the front bit is basically fine).

I went onto the IKEA website to look for a replacement and am totally baffled. There are lots of drawer units in the Faktum range that have a small drawer at the top and two bigger drawers below, but nothing like my configuration - there don't seem to be any drawers of the right size.

Am I being stupid? Does this sound like an IKEA kitchen (it's high gloss white - nothing fancy). I've had a good look at the bits and they do look as if they are IKEA issue based on other things I've put together but perhaps all flat pack furniture uses similar runners and other bits.

This is all very rock and roll for a Friday night, but I just want to do some research before I head to IKEA with two small children in tow <sob>

leeloo1 Fri 02-Sep-11 22:49:28

My friend has a white gloss kitchen with wide drawer units, but its from B&Q. So it might be one of theirs?

ArthurMcAffertyhastwocats Sat 03-Sep-11 12:33:02

It might be - I will check it out. I think it might be repairable, looking at it in daylight.
Not by me, sadly. Really must try and get a bit better at basic maintenance...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: