Talk

Advanced search

How do you store your DCs craft creations?

(9 Posts)
Chestnutx3 Fri 02-Sep-11 13:45:28

I'm a drowning under DD's craft creations, do I throw them away. I am trying to declutter and they are messy are loads in her room and the playroom.

Should I have if you want to put a new one up, you have to take an old one down.

DD a complete hoarder and tries to retrieve anything I throw away! I am the world's declutterer she must have my DH's hoarding instinct.

DiamondDoris Fri 02-Sep-11 15:04:39

Take photos of things made out of cardboard boxes, plastic bottles ie anything bulky then chuck! Paintings and drawings, realistically 5 of the best ones for each year of her life, keep in portfolio, display case, cardboard envelope wherever is best. Hope this helps.

BastardDog Fri 02-Sep-11 15:12:01

Display for a few weeks then bin them.

Now the kids are older I give them the option of storing them in their bedrooms, they usually bin them too.

Chestnutx3 Fri 02-Sep-11 15:19:28

We are so overwhelmed with photo storage I am not sure I can be bothered to take photos. Have chucked, well I will keep then in a black bin bag in the garage for a month and see if she notices.

ILs are hoarders and often given me strange things they have "kept" for the grandchildren (so for 40 years) - always get chucked!

DiamondDoris Fri 02-Sep-11 16:12:09

Chestnut - maybe if your ILs are hoarders you could give your DD's creations to them! grin

Chestnutx3 Fri 02-Sep-11 16:52:25

Great idea Diamond as I think I will be inundated with creations from next week, they would love lots of extra stuff to store smile

NettoSuperstar Fri 02-Sep-11 16:56:29

I store them in the bin grin

PattySimcox Fri 02-Sep-11 16:58:04

Ummm in the recycling crates blush

Driftwood999 Fri 02-Sep-11 20:51:01

How old is your DD?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now