Talk

Advanced search

How often do you clean your kitchen? (properly)

(10 Posts)
mosschops30 Thu 01-Sep-11 09:18:19

i did mine yesterday, all cupboards cleaned out and re arranged. It took me 6 hours and im ashamed to say that there was stuff in there i hadnt seen for years, thick with dust etc.
I dont think ive cleaned it since it went in.

Disgusting i know, how often do you deep clean it?

Fo0ffyShmoofer Thu 01-Sep-11 09:23:32

We have been in this house 18 months and I've done it onceblush

chickydoo Thu 01-Sep-11 09:32:47

I think I'm OCD about my kitchen. (not rest of house though)
Spend about 45mins-1hr every morning before work on it.
wipe sides, sweep, mop floor. clean fridge if needed, wipe microwave.
Empty cat litter tray (we keep our 2 cats in the kitchen at night, let them out during day) do a load of washing. wipe any obvious marks of paintwork, open windows and anything else that looks like it needs doing. All the cupboards are fairly clean, do them when they need it.
I love to come home from work to a clean kitchen, has been tricky in the school hols though as my eldest (15) turns it in to a pigsty by the time I get back.
OCD??? possibly? but I just love a clean kitchen.

AMumInScotland Thu 01-Sep-11 09:34:47

I mostly just attack one cupboard at a time, either because I notice it, or because I am in a bad mood and bashing and crashing round the kitchen feels like the thing to do blush

There are couple of cupboards I probably haven't emptied in 5 or 10 years - but they only contain clean plates and glasses so they don't really get mucky....

mosschops30 Thu 01-Sep-11 09:43:09

chicky thats just regular cleaning though, i hoover, mop do worktops daily.
I was on about dragging everything out of the cupboard, throwing stuff away, cleaning top of cupboards etc.

I think i need to brush up my cleaning dont i smile

Bathroom this afternoon grin

LawrieMarlow Thu 01-Sep-11 09:56:27

Proper cleaning happens very rarely.

AMumInScotland Thu 01-Sep-11 10:51:39

I did the tops of my cupboards after we had a workman in to replace the extractor fan and he kept having to wipe the grease off his hands from touching the tops of the cupboards blush

mosschops30 Thu 01-Sep-11 13:19:40

Yep that was mine, i had to scour the grease off, wiping wouldnt do it

AngelDog Thu 01-Sep-11 13:59:39

All cupboards have been out & cleaned once or maybe twice in this house. We've been here 7 years. Food shelves have been done more often - maybe annually. (everything is in tupperware containers though).

I don't bother with the tops of cupboards - no-one touches them and I don't keep things on them.

Chestnutx3 Thu 01-Sep-11 21:34:37

I try and do it every 6 months, or at least once a year. 6 hours sounds about right, although its another 4-6 to do the utility room too.

I'm vowing to do more of the fly lady stuff and spread out tackling the cupboards over time rather than a blitz but I am a blitz sort of girl.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now