Talk

Advanced search

I don't have a sink to shine!

(6 Posts)
NoTeaForMe Thu 01-Sep-11 08:21:38

Hi,

My kitchen sink isn't metal, (don't really know what it's made of but it's dull and isn't meant to be shiny!) so I'm failing at the first flylady babystep! As for the second one....do you actually all get dressed - even to your shoes to do the cleaning? I'm dressed half the time (other half am in PJ's!!) but wouldn't put my shoes on. Maybe I'll substitute shoes for mascara?!?!
Psychologically it's the same kind if thing isn't it? Getting ready for the day rather than just getting dressed?

Help!!

While you are doing the babysteps are you just keeping on top of general housework but not doing any big jobs?

NoTeaForMe Thu 01-Sep-11 08:22:25

Hmm, the "Help!!" was supposed to come at the end of the post not in the middle! Whoops!

Canistaysane Thu 01-Sep-11 08:37:54

Hi, I am doing the baby steps too. I don't always bother to shine my sink although I prefer to shine my bathroom sink (with bathroom cleaner stuff). I don't do it every day though. It just doesn't need it every day!
Second baby step: no I don't do shoes unless I know I'm going out soon, but I do try to get dressed, unless i'm in a really lazy mood.
If you want some ideas of what others are doing you could look at the fly lady threads or even join one.

RustyBear Thu 01-Sep-11 08:49:14

I have never worked out why you are supposed to shine your sink first anyway - you'll need to use it when cleaning other stuff, so you'll only have to do it again...

camdancer Thu 01-Sep-11 09:14:24

You have to think why flylady says those things and then interpret them in your own way otherwise it'll never work. So I think the sink thing is about having one part of your house that is always neat and tidy. In all the chaos there is one place of calm.

The shoes is about having a work-like attitude to your house. So you wouldn't go to work without your shoes and still be professional. Except I did! Most people in my office either just wore socks or had slippers. We were still professional and worked hard. So I don't do the shoes thing, but I do get dressed properly - no slobbing about in pj's!

Chestnutx3 Fri 02-Sep-11 15:30:43

My problem is that I have 2 huge kitchen sinks and one utility room sink very near, all stainless steel and all would benefit from being polished. How long would that take?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now