Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Howdens kitchen

(9 Posts)
thereisalightanditnevergoesout Tue 30-Aug-11 12:43:49

Does anyone have one and approximately how much to they cost? I've seen one I like but as they are only sold to trade, there's no way of finding out how much they cost until we get a quote.

Thanks

LordOfTheFlies Tue 30-Aug-11 18:34:06

I have one fitted in 2006 so the price will be out of date, but it'll give you an idea.
I had an extension built and the builder ordered my kitchen through Howdens.
Ordered on a Monday for Thursday / Friday delivery, so no waiting 6 weeks like some places.
Mine is cream, very plain, not wooden but pretty good.

All the kitchen carcasses

Three regular size top cupboards
One half size top cupboard
Two regular base units with drawer
One pull out double drawer (regular size) with drawer
Corner unit with carousel
Under sink door/faux drawer unit
Dishwasher door
Extractor fan cover
Wooden (solid oak) worktops, they were included in price IIRC

We had the slow close drawer fittings.
Add on the price of handles, sink and taps.
Our builder did the fitting with a kitchen fitter (not from Howdens, one he knew)

This was without appliances.
It was about £1750 but this was 5 years ago.
We did have an MFI quote and I cannot remember it, but it was alot more.

HTH

KatieScarlett2833 Tue 30-Aug-11 18:39:06

Have had one for about 5 years, still looks immaculate both kitchen and utility rooms

9 top cupboards including glass panels and double wine rack
1 full length larder cupboard
7 base units
triple drawer unit
double drawer unit
double oven
intrgral dishwasher
steel and glass extractor with 5 ring gas burner

Was about 4K (was an expensive one)

HTH

farming4 Tue 30-Aug-11 18:40:01

We had a quote from them about 4 mths ago - came in about £9000 including appliances - supply only NOT fitted. The same kitchen cost us under £4000 at B&Q.........Guess which one we went for smile

thereisalightanditnevergoesout Wed 31-Aug-11 08:13:49

Hmmmm - that's given me something to think about. We aren't having integrated appliances and it's not going to be all that big. I've no idea if it's an expensive one (so infuriating you can't tell) - but I'm guessing it will be as I have a knack of doing that!

I like the fact that the delivery was so quick though - that would be very important. Hopefully, we'll be able to get a quote soon.

The trouble is - I can find anything else that I really like. I've looked at B&Q and Wickes - is there anywhere else?

Thank you all for your replies.

LordOfTheFlies Wed 31-Aug-11 10:42:33

Ikea??

They have a kitchen planner, I think you have to book an appointment.

thereisalightanditnevergoesout Wed 31-Aug-11 10:45:52

We're quite a way away (over 2 hours) from IKEA and I've looked at their website, but nothing's really grabbed me. I was speaking to someone this morning who said that they only show a fraction of their kitchens on the website, that there's more in store. It just seems a long way to go if that's not the case.

LordOfTheFlies Wed 31-Aug-11 10:46:15

I know people who have had nightmares with B&Q.
Same with MFI (now gone to the kitchen suppliers in the sky)

You have to get a decent fitter.
There's a saying: A good fitter can make a cheap kitchen look good. A bad fitter can make an expensive kitchen look crap a bit shoddy

thereisalightanditnevergoesout Wed 31-Aug-11 10:52:46

In our last house, we had an MFI kitchen with a fitter that MFI arranged. With Howdens, I know they have Howdens fitters. I expect you pay a bit more that way, but like you say, a bad fitter can make it look really bad. Oh this should be fun, but it isn't! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now