Talk

Advanced search

cleaner in spray bottles, why?

(6 Posts)
mousymouse Tue 30-Aug-11 10:31:33

I have cleared out my cleaning cabinet last weekend and have noticed that we don't have any spray bottles (apart from shoe spray) at all.
I see the rows and rows at the supermarket but so far have not seen the use for me at home.
usually I use hot water and all purpose cleaner, sometimes biological washing powder and soda crystals as well. white vinegar and cream cleaner also have a place.

so, what do you use spray cleaner for?

nannyl Tue 30-Aug-11 11:00:57

i use it for spraying kitchen surfaces.

most of the time i just use an e-cloth with water though. I probably only use spray once or twice a week at most (and cleaner uses it when she cleans my kitchen too) and normally only if perhaps raw meat or egg etc has been on surface making it actually dirty.

bacon Tue 30-Aug-11 12:34:13

I mix my own sprays....I buy a big commercial all purpose cleaner from the wholesaler and add water to the sprays. Its called excellent marketing. Rows on rows of the same thing just labelled differently and priced accordingly. I get annoyed with the use of e-coli killers. Whats wrong with hot water a bit of soap and some elbow grease?

NatureAbhorsAHoover Thu 01-Sep-11 20:31:28

yes it is a rip-off.... but useful for dried on food remnants around the kitchen, to soak them all in a quick spray around... then you do something else for 30 seconds, then I can then wipe it all off rather than scrubbing away.

One bottle of spray lasts me six months or so and costs what, £1.50? I don't think it's a big deal.

Now my Viakal limescale remover addiction on the other hand blush

GwendolineMaryLacey Thu 01-Sep-11 20:39:13

I am addicted to mr muscle kitchen cleaner but the same bottle does all surfaces. I love it and spraying is very satisfying smile

bibbitybobbityhat Thu 01-Sep-11 20:43:01

Ecover multi purpose kitchen spray is brilliant. Use it everyday. You can buy a refill that screws on to the spray thingy, so its no different to buying your bottles of "all purpose cleaner" mousy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now