Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Kitchen Tiles

(8 Posts)
candyfloss66 Tue 30-Aug-11 08:24:25

Hi, I am about to buy some kichen floor tiles they are ceramic but not shiny kinda a rough material I was also going to buy some of the shiny brick type splash back tiles as well. I really love the look but somebody has made me think twice as they mentioned that if water gets on black it leaves a horrible water mark stain that stays if not wiped straight away. This worries me with the floor tiles as it is going to get spills & water on it I am thinking about going for different coloured tiles now. Has anybody else got black tiles do you have problems with stains?I really don't want anything that is going to be high maintenance thankyou

aquos Tue 30-Aug-11 08:35:41

At our previous house we had black ceramic flooring in the kitchen, but it was the shiny sort, porcelain perhaps? It was a pig to clean and a lot of trial and error with cleaning products so that it didn't end up all smeary. T'was a bit like window cleaning really. But when it was done properly it looked fab.

Is yours going to be matt black? If so I can't forsee it being high maintenance.

candyfloss66 Tue 30-Aug-11 11:32:21

It is going to be very matt black Aquos I am nervous of water stains now and am thinking about going for a mmore neutral colour. I like the shiny as well but someone did say that they were high maintenance & scratched easily they look so nice though :-)

BiscuitNibbler Tue 30-Aug-11 11:40:23

Whatever you do avoid the riven floor tiles - the raised bits trap dirt and are a bugger to clean. I despise the previous owner of this house for putting them in.

PorkChopSter Tue 30-Aug-11 11:47:21

[grr] to bumpy floor tiles that you can never clean and we have a black tiled floor and it is a bugger to clean - much worse than the cream porcelain tiles we have elsewhere. The black is far worse than the cream for any dirt, dust or water marks.

candyfloss66 Tue 30-Aug-11 12:09:44

Thankyou for telling me all this ladies, I am so pleased that I came on here to ask. The one I liked is riven BiscuitNibbler it looks so nice in the shop and would go lovely with the kitchen. I guess I will be getting a cream coloured one I don't want to be spending every day cleaning floors I would like something that is easy clean & non slip :-)

PorkChopSter Tue 30-Aug-11 13:45:11

I didn't want to be all doom and gloom earlier grin but a friend of mine, having heard/seen all the horror stories about black gloss granite(esque) kitchen worktops chose a matt black one. It shows water marks as badly if not worse than a gloss black one would.

Have you looked at Amtico/Kardean? I know someone that has this and rarely mops the floor shock

candyfloss66 Thu 01-Sep-11 08:33:13

Thankyou PorkChopSter, I think that I am going to go for a light coloured tile such a shame as the black looks so nice but I want something that is easy clean :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now