Talk

Advanced search

Blue denim dye on new cream leather sofa - help!

(8 Posts)
theladylovescupcakes Mon 29-Aug-11 16:09:23

Been watching carefully what we're wearing whilst sitting on new cream leather sofa but DS has just slid off it onto the floor and left a lovely blue mark - how to get it out and stop it happening again? what if I have guests over with V dark jeans - do i offer them a towel to sit on??

PoppyDoolally Mon 29-Aug-11 16:14:18

I have a really useful suggestion.

Discover how to time travel, turn back time, say 'no' to cream sofa and 'yes' to brown!

Sorry for being cheeky. wink

Try a leather cleaning solution. Baby wipes might work. If good enough for baby bottom might do trick on sofa. Otherwise haven't got a clue, sorry!

Fuzzled Mon 29-Aug-11 17:11:56

Saddle soap supposed to be good - no personal experience though confused

alemci Mon 29-Aug-11 17:23:33

buy a throw for guests. I am sorry to hear about the stain. did have a thing from lakeland for biro but i am not sure about jeans.

I think I have to agree with Poppy. I bought a brown sofa for that reason.

Earlybird Mon 29-Aug-11 17:27:33

I was warned that the tan/cream leather seats in my car could change colour slightly (especially on driver's seat) due to this same sort of thing.

I think auto dealers/shops carry a product that cleans leather in cars so imagine it would also work on a sofa.

PestoCaffeinisto Mon 29-Aug-11 17:30:51

Earlybird, you're spot on - we use DH's Autoglym leather cleaner on our cream sofas. Works a treat grin

queenmaeve Mon 29-Aug-11 17:48:59

Honestly I wouldnt touch it, especially not with wipes or anything, you could end up making it worse. I would get a professional to come look at it and see if they can get it out.

theladylovescupcakes Mon 29-Aug-11 21:20:47

used to have a dark brown sofa - you didn't see the muck! will try your suggest Pesto, thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now