Talk

Advanced search

How do you store spare bedding/ pillow cases /quilt covers sheets etc?

(10 Posts)
Canistaysane Mon 29-Aug-11 09:47:29

Just wondered how everyone else stores theirs. I have no airing cupboard.
I am thinking about buying a Seagrass or wooden storage chest, also notice there is a water hyacinth storage chest in my catalogue.
Hoping to buy it today so please answer soon. TIA.

Canistaysane Mon 29-Aug-11 09:49:35

P.s. If anyone has the above storage chests how do you get on with them? wasn't sure how long seagrass would last.

thenightsky Mon 29-Aug-11 09:50:42

I use them bags that you suck the air out of with a Hoover. Then they go flat under beds.

SomethingBlue Mon 29-Aug-11 10:06:27

Water hyacinth chest, works well for me. Get a good one though, with decent hinges and a nice solid frame. You'll be in and out of it a lot and you don't want some creaky wonky thing with rough bits. Mine was from John Lewis, well worth what I thought at the time was more than I wanted to pay.

Canistaysane Mon 29-Aug-11 10:08:58

I am hoping to go to Argos as we don't live near many other furniture shops.

Canistaysane Mon 29-Aug-11 10:33:36

SomethingBlue I like the look of the Water hyacinth one. It looks a bit more sturdy than the sea grass one. I think you sometimes have to pay a bit more for something you want to keep for a long time.

bibbitybobbityhat Mon 29-Aug-11 10:35:46

I have a large pine chest at the foot of my bed. I treasure it as it was made for me by my late father. I store beach towels in the suitcases as we mainly only use them when we go on holiday. I store the dc duvet sets in a drawer in their bedrooms.

Collision Mon 29-Aug-11 10:37:21

I have a magic bed that flips up and has super duper secret storage underneath!

It needs a bit of a sort out really.

CointreauVersial Mon 29-Aug-11 10:39:21

A chest wouldn't be nearly big enough. I have a giant cupboard (above DS1's bed, as it happens).

<note to self: must have a clear-out>

Canistaysane Mon 29-Aug-11 10:43:39

CointreauVersial I think I also may need to have a bit of a clear out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now