Talk

Advanced search

Muddy puddle stains

(8 Posts)
CaptainMartinCrieff Sat 27-Aug-11 19:22:48

My DS has discovered splashing in puddles... I never imagined how badly this would stain his and my clothes. I've soaked in Vanish powder (in the advert you only have to dip and swish miraculously the stains are gone)... I've washed twice on a hot wash... Still there!

Anything I can do except bin them? sad

babycham42 Sat 27-Aug-11 21:35:25

Just try to make sure muddy puddling is done in dark clothes - I never manage to get the stains out either! Sorry I"m no help!

CaptainMartinCrieff Sat 27-Aug-11 22:05:00

sad I suspected as much, he was having so much fun I just assumed it's a bit of dirty water it'll be easy to shift.
Bin it is then! sad

nannyl Sun 28-Aug-11 08:42:09

once they are set they are hard to clean.

in future take off clothes as soon as you get home and give them a really good rinse in cold water. Try not to let it dry.
then wash with bio.

CaptainMartinCrieff Sun 28-Aug-11 08:47:38

Thank you, I've fallen into the trap of ply buying non-bio because DS is only 16 months. I'll get some bio today for emergencies!

nannyl Sun 28-Aug-11 11:16:16

just to add, especially with pale colours it doesnt always work perfectly, but i do think it helps and makes a difference

SquongebobSparepants Sun 28-Aug-11 11:29:53

I have 2 pairs of leggings for girls that are only for puddle jumping. Cannot get the mud out, it's ridiculous that it stains so badly!

limetrees Sun 28-Aug-11 11:40:14

I had moved onto bio for everything once my youngest was the age of your DS. Non bio is no good for mucky children stains IMO.

And yes, dark clothes to jump in puddles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now