Talk

Advanced search

Can you still get the washing liquid for black clothes?

(5 Posts)
LordOfTheFlies Sat 27-Aug-11 19:06:28

A few years back there were loads of liquids- Woolite did one, Dreft and Persil did one specifically for black clothes.

DH wears alot of black and I use Ariel/Sainsb colour liquid or the wash ball thingies (the non detergent with the little pellets, which are okay but not as thorough at cleaning.

DS's new school uniform is black so I was looking for something to wash it and keep the colour.( And bear in mind he's a 24 carat filth-magnet grin )

TIA

schroeder Sat 27-Aug-11 20:00:36

I think they have stopped making it, it was called something like black velvet, persil I think.

The colour stuff works for us, I started using it when ds started secondary, as I had seen so many children walking about in horribly faded sweatshirts and I was hoping his would last a bit longer.

DH has a black jacket that I use this on every now and then and it really helps.

BooBooGlass Sat 27-Aug-11 20:02:36

I was in M and S today and they have a new washing liquid for dark clothes. Not tried it, but I really rate the M and S washing liquids, they clean really well and don't irritate my ds's sensitive skin.

nannyl Sat 27-Aug-11 20:32:06

woolite still do one but it seems to only be on ocado. see here

LordOfTheFlies Sat 27-Aug-11 21:07:14

I've tried the Woolite black -it smells like roses - Aaaahhh lovely. Going to Waitrose tomorrow so will have a look.

Will also try the M&S stuff. Not used it yet. (they sometimes do special offers)

The colour revivor would be really good for DHs shirts and jeans.

DS has never had black uniform before, previously was grey and red.
But just bought him M&S trousers and jerseys and a Next washable blazer (which with my lovely DS will need a fair bit of washing) grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now