Talk

Advanced search

new Vacuum cleaner

(11 Posts)
vickibee Sat 27-Aug-11 07:39:05

Mine has just packed in and looking for a new one
My Qu. is it worth paying the big premium for a Dyson or shall i get a hoover for about half the price.
What does a dyson offer to justify £300.00? apart from a 5 year guarantee. We had our hoover 10 years so you would epect it to last that long anyway

HeiferLump Sat 27-Aug-11 07:46:50

Dysons are heavy, bulky and temperamental IME.

If you want to spend that sort of money spend it on a Miele. If you want to spend less then a Henry is also a good buy.

Fuzzywuzzywozabear Sat 27-Aug-11 08:07:29

Used to have a dyson - didn't like it. Have now got a sebo - love it!

DialMforMummy Sat 27-Aug-11 08:13:20

Love my Dyson, totally worth the money. Great suction. I had bought a Hoover first, after one month the suction was almost gone so swapped it for a Dyson (cylinder). Did not look back. I was so enthused, I almost called DS Dyson wink

DialMforMummy Sat 27-Aug-11 08:14:58

Oh, and at the time we had a look at reviews and Mieles had very good ones. But I think they are even dearer than Dysons.

magicmummy1 Sat 27-Aug-11 08:17:18

There is an offer on groupon at the moment for a robot cleaner - half price, £179. Don't know if they're any good but I'm sorely tempted! grin

vickibee Sun 28-Aug-11 12:22:44

Thanks foe the feedback - can;t justify the cost of a Dyson - look at cheaper comparable models

ParkerRocks Sun 28-Aug-11 12:28:46

I had the most expensive Dyson in the range and it wasn't great. It blew up and I replaced it with a Hetty, Henrys sister! OMG it's so much better than the Dyson! The suction is great, my carpet looks almost new again! I'd not buy a Dyson again.

lurkerspeaks Sun 28-Aug-11 19:55:47

Don't waste money on a Dyson. Anecdotally my friends/ family who have them have had problems.

Instead buy a miele. Mine is 8 years old and has never given me a minutes trouble despite being used by 3 ever so slightly careless cleaners.

I've just bought a second one for a second property.

Carrotsandcelery Sun 28-Aug-11 19:59:53

If you can, I would buy a Sebo. They cost £££ but last for years and years. They are incredibly powerful, well designed and easy to use.

Carrotsandcelery Sun 28-Aug-11 20:00:27

BTW I have had a Dyson and thought it was totally rubbish from the day I got it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now