Talk

Advanced search

The shoes have taken over the asylum

(4 Posts)
FebreezeYourJeans Thu 25-Aug-11 20:56:26

We are moving house a week today grin and 'it's all going to be different in the new house' (repeat mantra several times each day.)

I need some inspiration! I want some shoe storage for the hallway. Currently we have an open wooden shoe rack under the stairs, but it just isn't big enough really and the children tend to throw their shoes somewhere in the vicinity of the rack, it all gets jumbled and is a bit of an eyesore. It's a bit like this but stacked up double height.

Fancy/occasion shoes will be kept up in bedrooms but shoes in regular use school/work/running will be kept in the hall. The hall is fairly narrow so the solution needs to be slimish. Do you have any wonderful suggestions? What do you do with everyday shoes?

FebreezeYourJeans Thu 25-Aug-11 22:05:00

Shamelessly bumping by adding - and what do you do with school bookbags/PE kits and other school paraphernalia?

BitchyHen Thu 25-Aug-11 22:19:42

We have a wooden toy box to throw everyday shoes in. It works ok, but if you wear flip flops all summer as I have, then your other shoes may end up crushed at the bottom of a shoe mountain. I have a couple of rows of pegs in the hallway for coats, pe kits etc. However the kids STILL find it impossible to put their stuff away properly!

FebreezeYourJeans Thu 25-Aug-11 23:27:00

Thanks BitchyHen I think I'm trying to avoid anything which creates a mad rugby type scrum whilst all 3 children try to find their shoes at once, but maybe there is no perfect solution.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now