Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning inside of windows?

(17 Posts)
hollysmam Thu 25-Aug-11 15:16:41

Can anybody recommend something for cleaning the inside of my windows? All the things Ive tried seem to leave a smeary film so that when the sun is out they look awful blush. Fortunately we have a decent guy who does the outsides, but makes the insides look even worse when he's been smile

aquos Thu 25-Aug-11 15:21:35

I am rubbish at window cleaning. I've tried all sorts, but recently have found that I can do them in a non smeary way using Tesco own brand window spray cleaner. I use kitchen roll for cleaning with and don't do it on a sunny day, for some reason that does make them smeary.

TeaOneSugar Thu 25-Aug-11 17:40:46

I use a cheap window cleaner spray and a microfibre cloth or kitchen roll.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 25-Aug-11 17:52:40

e cloth and water, then a glass polishing cloth. Really easy and perfect windows!

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 25-Aug-11 19:39:33

Hot soapy water and a soft dry cloth to finish.

Bert2e Thu 25-Aug-11 20:11:53

Hot water, splish of washing up liquid, wash with a cloth then off with a squeegie.

spiderslegs Thu 25-Aug-11 20:22:53

The window cleaners do my insides too (ooer), alternate visits. I've never had such a brightly lit house.

chickorita Fri 26-Aug-11 20:23:36

White vinegar does the trick for me, and you can buff them up with newspaper.

babycham42 Fri 26-Aug-11 20:26:39

Chamois leather then lint free cloth to buff.
Clean on a dull day so you can polish up before it dries.

jenniec79 Fri 26-Aug-11 20:29:52

e cloth and windowlene. 2nd e cloth if the first gets too wet.

Fuzzled Sat 27-Aug-11 17:14:57

Use an outside brush inside and a squeegee. Then microfibre cloth for the edges.

mousymouse Sat 27-Aug-11 17:24:59

hot soapy water, dry with a squeedgey.

Acceptableintheeighties Sat 27-Aug-11 17:26:10

Hot water, fairy liquid and a drop of bleach (If you have any mildew in the corners) a squeegee and kitchen roll to buff out any lines left by the squeegee.

Have tried lots of different sprays but this is the method that requires the least elbow grease!

Oh, and try and do the insides as soon as the window cleaner has been, nothing more depressing than standing back to see crystal clearly all the dirt on the outside!

Anifrangapani Sat 27-Aug-11 17:28:13

Soapy cloth for the scrub and buff with a clean dry linen cloth ( tea towel or scrim)

pointydog Sat 27-Aug-11 17:28:29

Few capfuls of vinegar in warm water. Wipe on with cloth. Wipe off with thick kitchen roll. Smearless.

hollysmam Sat 27-Aug-11 22:33:29

Well thanks everybody! The windowcleaner came today so I took my chances. Used Windowlene and kitchen roll and used a microfibre cloth to buff any smears. Waiting for the sun to come out tomorrow to see if its worked!! Fingers crossed

Carrotsandcelery Sat 27-Aug-11 22:35:42

I agree with Chick. I dilute some white vinegar and wash them with a cloth, then dry them with balled up newspaper. I wear rubber gloves to do it as your hands get dirty otherwise but it leaves a streak free finish, is cheap and doesn't involve any chemicals.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now