Talk

Advanced search

How to get dog smell out of our new car?

(7 Posts)
TennisFan Thu 25-Aug-11 11:11:21

My DH just bought himself a second-hand landrover - but it stinks of dog (he has a very sensitive nose)
Any ideas how we could get the smell out - a particular product maybe to use on the uphostery or carpets.

thanks

Seona1973 Thu 25-Aug-11 13:06:46

you could sprinkle neutradol powder on the seats/carpets and hoover off after leaving for a while

dexter73 Thu 25-Aug-11 13:27:46

Google came up with this!

dexter73 Thu 25-Aug-11 13:30:27

More here - some not so helpful like 'leave a fish on the back seat'!

TennisFan Thu 25-Aug-11 14:41:39

wow dexter73, thanks so much
I have just had to drive the landy home as DH borrowed my car - it is really very smelly, the previous owners must have let their dog live in it.

I sense either a lot of expense at the valeters or a busy weekend doing it myself.

CeliaFate Thu 25-Aug-11 18:04:31

A professional valet should only cost about £60 - well worth it to get the job done properly, just mentally add it onto the cost of the car.

ceres Fri 26-Aug-11 07:45:25

you could try good old white vinegar before resorting to more expensive options.

leaving a bowl of white vinegar in the footwell overnight works wonders to remove odours. if the upholstery smells then a spray with a 50:50 dilution of white vinegar is good for removing smells.

the vinegar smell disappears once the upholstery is dry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now