Talk

Advanced search

Hmmm, can anyone recommend me a beauuuutiful sewing box!?

(9 Posts)
Teachermumof3 Tue 23-Aug-11 22:51:17

As obviously I will become an instant domestic goddess if I have one!

I rather like some of the ones on the CK website (http://www.cathkidston.co.uk/c-892-sewing-baskets-travel-kits.aspx)

but am wondering if the house/caravan are a bit twee!?

RustyBear Tue 23-Aug-11 23:06:52

John Lewis have some nice ones - DH gave me a sewing stool like the third one on that link, except mine is dark red with embroidered/appliquéd flowers. It's nicely organised inside, with a lift out tray and a pocket and a pincushion in the lid.

MrsvWoolf Wed 24-Aug-11 20:28:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

emsyj Sat 27-Aug-11 15:42:03

I have the CK house and I love it!!! Still not very good at sewing, but least I look the part.

<all the gear and no idea>

LaLaLaLayla Sat 27-Aug-11 15:44:15

Cath Kidston... this is beautiful...

sewing basket

JemimaMuddledUp Sat 27-Aug-11 15:48:23

Mine came from John Lewis a couple of years ago. It is red with apples on. I have the matching pin cushion and knitting needle wrap too blush

I also have one of these but it isn't quite as portable!

hellymelly Sat 27-Aug-11 15:54:19

I have the gypsy caravan one.(bought by my dds).It is very sweet and pretty but not madly well made,I don't think it will last for yonks,but it holds a reasonable amount of stuff.

AuntieMonica Sat 27-Aug-11 15:57:55

I have a double handled one, from JL. Bought it last year.

The only gripe i have with it is lid-flaps don't open wide enough for me, the 2 halves sit at right angles and fall shut.

dizzyday07 Sat 27-Aug-11 16:58:27

I have a grey plastic one which is functional but not pretty!

Jemima has just reminded me that I have a fold out wooden one that I never use and must stick on Ebay!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now