Talk

Advanced search

Tumble Dryers

(9 Posts)
babysbreath Mon 22-Aug-11 09:13:09

I'm wanting to purchase a tumble dryer. I don't want one where the hose has to stick out of an open window, as it won't be sited near a window. Any recommendations on what I should get, as never had one before. Thanks

Itsjustafleshwound Mon 22-Aug-11 09:16:24

I think you are looking for a condenser dryer.

Like most white goods, you get what you pay for, but I am just not prepared to pay £300+ for a dryer.

Mentile Mon 22-Aug-11 09:18:04

I love my Bosch! Minds a Classix but any of their range are fab

BlueKangaroo22 Mon 22-Aug-11 09:30:38

Yes as Itsjustafleshwound says, you need a condenser dryer. Its got a bottle in it which you need to empty every so often (most dryers just stop spinning when it needs emptying, you empty the bottle, shove bottle back in and it comes back on again, thats what mine did anyways) There was one on the asda direct website a while ago for £89 iirc. HTH

babysbreath Mon 22-Aug-11 14:06:27

Thank you for your replies, I've been round the shops this morning looking into them. Quite liked the Hoover one.

Itsjustafleshwound Mon 22-Aug-11 18:59:23

Have you tried online?? Sometimes they are cheaper

babysbreath Tue 23-Aug-11 15:59:33

I've now looked on line and I think it is down to these two:

Bosch WTE84105GB or Siemens WT46E100GB

Does anyone have either of these tumble dryers and have any comments!!

TeamEdward Tue 23-Aug-11 16:22:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Waltons Tue 23-Aug-11 22:05:08

baby I've got a very similar model to the Bosch you mention, and it is excellent. I am told that Bosch and Siemens machines now come out of the same factory, so it's all down to price and features.

Condenser dryers have one hidden benefit: the water that comes out of the drawer is distilled. Empty it in to an old plastic milk bottle and use it in your steam iron - it will never scale up again. Bloody marvellous because the water in our area is like molten rock!

Edward John Lewis are OK to buy from, but very slow compared to most companies - 3 weeks or so for most white goods. Unless they're giving something special like an additional guarantee I would just go for the lowest price from a reputable company and spend your vouchers on something else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now