Talk

Advanced search

Slugs on lounge carpet!

(8 Posts)
Becky99 Mon 22-Aug-11 08:30:56

Can anyone recommend a product to nuke slugs that find their way up by the fireplace at night and leave their threads all over the carpet PLEASE? Have tried salt.......

Butterbur Mon 22-Aug-11 08:37:41

Have come to lurk, as I have these. The fireplace you say? I'm not sure how they'd make it through ours as it's filled with last winter's ash. Nor what they can be eating on our dry, foodless carpet. It must be like crawling over broken glass for them. I've never seen one; just the endless slivery trails.

Nagoo Mon 22-Aug-11 08:39:24

Mine come through the airbrick. I suggest copper tape around the outside of the brick to stop them coming in.

moresleepsoonplease Tue 23-Aug-11 10:10:14

Also lurking. We had this problem and blocked all holes, but have now found that the cat brings them in...

Buzzybritches Thu 25-Aug-11 10:58:40

Discovered mine used to sleep during the day stuck to the underside of my sofa!

hester Fri 26-Aug-11 11:05:50

The (very nice) man in our local hardware shop recommended a thin line of WD40 at their entrance point. Haven't yet tried it myself.

hester Fri 26-Aug-11 11:06:08

Buzzybritches, that is completely disgusting!

clam Fri 26-Aug-11 11:09:52

We had this in our old house - old Victorian place, with floorboards/fireplaces etc.. They used to collect by the kitchen door - I trod on one once, when going down during the night to organise a baby's bottle. Urgghhh.
Never worked out a solution. Although moving to a modern house with concrete floors helped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now