Talk

Advanced search

Beds for boys....

(7 Posts)
nokissymum Sun 21-Aug-11 17:16:13

2 questions, when if at all, did you buy a new bed for your ds post their first bed after cot ?

What type of bed is best for boys ?

I am about to buy new beds for ds1 and 2, currently they have a metal bunk bed which is lovely to look at but a real pain in practice. It creaks non stop and snapped in several places. We are also considering putting them in separate rooms.

There seems to be so many types out there, bunk, with study area beneath, bunk with sofa underneath, standard single bed (can be used till 18), im wondering wether all the fancy boy bed combo type will still be Strong and "cool enough" at 14, 15 yrs of age or wether it will rejected and i'll then have to buy yet more beds.

Im looking for a bed that will hopefully last them till at least 16 yrs of age!
So please tell share what type of beds are your boys using, oh! They are 10 and 7yrs now if that helps.

nokissymum Sun 21-Aug-11 17:54:21

Anyone ? hmm

BertieBotts Sun 21-Aug-11 18:00:30

Why would girls and boys have different bed requirements? confused

I am female, BTW, but I had one of the metal loft beds as a teenager - it had a desk underneath which was useful for homework etc (not that it was ever clean). I liked having my own space up there and it was space saving in a small room with the furniture underneath too.

nokissymum Sun 21-Aug-11 18:04:22

Boys and girls dont have different bed requirements smile but as i only have boys i tend to think in "boy terms" a lot grin even when it makes no different.

nokissymum Sun 21-Aug-11 18:05:24

Meant to say no "difference".

petitdonkey Sun 21-Aug-11 18:06:31

My son has this bed which is really lovely and sturdy and should last a lifetime - I do wish that I had bought a double as we have the space and I feel that he would prefer it as a teenager.

nokissymum Sun 21-Aug-11 18:09:53

petitdonkey thats another thing i was thinking about, wether to buy ds 10 a single or double , hmmmm....!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now