Talk

Advanced search

Help- carpet disaster

(5 Posts)
lucyspangle Sat 20-Aug-11 19:57:38

I have trodden the end of a kohl pencil into my 100% wool carpet- left a brown mark-any solutions?

MockingbirdsNotForSale Sat 20-Aug-11 22:14:31

Make up remover. Dab in on, work it in and dab it off then apply a washing up liquid and water solution, scrub with J cloth then stamp wetness out with clean folded tea towel. Rinse the carpet and repeat the tea towel thing until all suds are gone and the carpet is touch damp and it will dry naturally. It will really clean your carpet though and may make you want to wash the whole carpet grin.

lucyspangle Sun 21-Aug-11 11:44:33

Thank you carpet only been down 2 months so pretty clean and hence the panic!

ShoutyBag Sun 21-Aug-11 12:04:39

I had this problem with DD's carpet. Did your carpet company provide any spot stain removers? If not, then contact them or the manufacturer and ask. They work marvellously (had some in my last rented house).

With DD's I made the terrible mistake of rubbing it! Magnification x 100! I looked up on the web and found that someone had recommended putting vodka on the stain, and blotting it out. I did that and it almost went, but me being precious about my old voddy didn't reapply once I had seen the outcome. I think it would have been really effective had I not scrubbed it first! There's now more of the bloody stuff on there, but it's a cheapy carpet so am not wasting any more vodka on it. Will watch with interest to see if any other gems appear.

northerngirl41 Sun 21-Aug-11 16:30:58

Ice cube on it to firm the kohl up - then pick the worst off or use stiff brush. Hoover the rest off.

If still grubby do the make up remover trick above.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now