Talk

Advanced search

Just putting in new induction hob - what shall I do with my pans that are now redundant?

(8 Posts)
loomer Fri 19-Aug-11 18:34:33

They're all fairly old, but absolutely nothing wrong with them... freecycle?

Fuzzywuzzywozabear Fri 19-Aug-11 18:39:01

Charity shop?

needtogetalife Fri 19-Aug-11 18:41:13

what is an induction hob?

Madlizzy Fri 19-Aug-11 18:44:04

Freecycle or charity shop. Students are currently shopping for uni!

loomer Fri 19-Aug-11 19:01:09

Yeah, I did wonder about charity shop - but I've never seen cookware in a charity shop before... doesn't seem odd to you? I'm not sure that I would pay for second hand pans, but then again there is the student market as you've mentioned.

An induction hob is electric (rather than gas) but works using magnetism rather than direct heat, and so the actual 'rings' on the hob don't get hot, only the pans themselves. It's supposed to be as controllable/instantaneous as gas. But much, much easier to clean than a gas hob as it's just one sheet of glass.

Madlizzy Sat 20-Aug-11 14:15:09

I work in a charity shop and accepted a couple of pans the other day. They've both sold. smile

2madboys Sun 21-Aug-11 18:37:16

We gave ours to the friends who bought our old range cooker when we got the induction hob.

Littlefish Sun 21-Aug-11 18:44:14

Whereabouts are you? I'm just about to trawl the local charity shops looking for some to hang up in my nursery outdoor area at school to act as musical instruments!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now