Talk

Advanced search

Bedding - How "good" does it need to be?

(4 Posts)
create Thu 18-Aug-11 22:10:44

ATM I'm using a synthetic duvet and polycotton cover, both were wedding gifts.

Since having DC I get very sweaty at night and often wake wet through. Would changing the bedding for cotton and down help?

What's the difference between a "cheap" feather duvet and a really good one? How much do I "need" to spend? Same with duvet cover/sheets? If I can only do either duvet or cover, which one would be most worthwhile?

Thank you

PogoBaby Thu 18-Aug-11 22:21:22

Personally I would spend more on the duvet if having to budget but definately change to cotton bedding.

I'm a cheapskate on a budget so have to get cheap reasonably priced bedding but always go for cotton.

Funk Fri 19-Aug-11 02:34:47

I actually prefer synthetic duvets - easy to wash, cheap (so can renew) plus I don't don't really want feathers as I just don't think they are so hygienic.

Perhaps the duvet is too high a tog for this time of year and that's why you are so hot. You'll get a really cheap, thin one from Asda, IKEA etc. I've got IKEAs and they're really good. I haven't used poly cotton bedding for many, many years and can't remember why I changed to 100% cotton.

jjgirl Fri 19-Aug-11 13:20:07

i always sweat under a duvet no matter what it is made from. i have never had a problem with layers of pure wool or cotton blankets. I do like them a lot more as i makes me feel more secure in bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now