Talk

Advanced search

does that ring a bell to anyone?

(19 Posts)
bluetortoise Thu 18-Aug-11 16:49:45

This might sound a bit odd but a friend was telling me about an oven cleaner which is a grey can with a red lid in aerosol (?). She bought at Morrisons, but I went to one and phone another big one and they don't stock it in there. I searched online and can't find anything similar. Does anyone in here has seen anything like it? I have used oven pride for the racks but I wanted something a bit easier and REALLY effective for the inside the oven, help please.

bluetortoise Thu 18-Aug-11 18:05:38

anyone?

Robotindisguise Thu 18-Aug-11 22:01:30

No idea but if it's that bad have you considered getting it dipped?

bluetortoise Fri 19-Aug-11 09:47:33

never thought it would be such a 'mysterious' product :-)

Fuzzled Fri 19-Aug-11 14:23:18

Oven Mate Gel Cleaner from Lakeland.

Dead easy. No smell. Made my oven look like brand new smile

bluetortoise Fri 19-Aug-11 22:37:21

thank you so much for that Fuzzled. I saw it when I was searching about the other product but the shop in our city is a bit out of the way... but I guess I will have to make a visit this weekend to Lakeland then grin thanks for letting me know that you were happy with it wink

Mr Muscle oven cleaner is in a silver (ish) spray can with a red lid. Is that the one?

It's not very good IMO. And it stinks.

BertieBotts Sat 20-Aug-11 11:54:36

What does "getting it dipped" mean? My oven is awful and I really need to clean it but I don't actually know what the hell I am doing.

BertieBotts Sat 20-Aug-11 11:56:02

About to try some stuff in a huge green aerosol that I got from the 99p shop though. Their hob cleaner stuff is amazing, so I'm hoping this will be as good.

SparklyCloud Sat 20-Aug-11 15:16:36

I use brillo pads and hot water -fill washing up bowl with hand hot water, get a brillo pad, dip in the water and scrub! Brings the glass up clean , and inside is totally de-greased.. Then when you have done that, you will have brown foam all over the oven, get a microfibre cloth and some clean hot water and just keep wiping til clean.
its the cleanest i have ever got my oven, and no chemicals needed!

Robotindisguise Sat 20-Aug-11 15:50:31

Call out a company who come out with a van and remove your oven from the kitchen. They then dunk it in the big vat of stuff they have and put it back in, all shiny and clean as the day you bought it

Tidybush Sat 20-Aug-11 17:44:52

How does that work with a built in oven? <thick emoticon>

bluetortoise Sat 20-Aug-11 18:37:47

thank you very much for all the suggestions, but since I have already used a few products I have a funny feeling that brillo pads and hot water will not do the job (or maybe I don't have very strong muscles for scrubbing :-) It is definetely (sp.) not Mr Muscle because I agree it is not very good. Please let us know how you got on Bertie, and then tell us what the product is. Always on the hunt of good cleaning product (what a sad life I live, I just realise hmm And no money to call a company, unfortunately... oh well...

BertieBotts Sat 20-Aug-11 23:27:02

I started a thread about mine but nobody replied blush and then by the time I got around to thinking "Oh fuck it, I'll just try it any old way" it was 3pm and I was a bit nervous using it just an hour or two before cooking DS' dinner.

It was an orange can, BTW, and is called Super Strength Activ Oven Cleaner or something equally capslocky.

BertieBotts Sat 20-Aug-11 23:28:44

The hob cleaner was green which was why I was confused. That's also called Super Activ Fucking Amazingly Fantastic And Special Foaming Kitchen Mousse or something else with many superlatives.

bluetortoise Sun 21-Aug-11 12:44:15

you made me laugh Bertie, just wondering if they REALLY are as they say on the tin ie Fucking Amazing grin

bluetortoise Tue 23-Aug-11 22:55:36

just came to say thank you v much for Fuzzled for recommending the Oven Mate gel from Lakeland, I used and oven looks much better now grin

Fuzzled Wed 24-Aug-11 17:50:37

Oh good. Glad it was of some use.

Need to do mine again - fancy popping over wink

bluetortoise Mon 29-Aug-11 23:01:28

well, I guess just trying to clean mine was hard work enough Fuzzled, but thanks for the invite anyway grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now