Talk

Advanced search

How do you clean your leather sofa?

(15 Posts)
Pigleychez Thu 18-Aug-11 10:25:29

Basically that..

Ive been using Lord Sheraton leather wipes but recently found they arent quite cutting it in getting rid of the snot/fingerprints from two small people!

What do you use?

JetLi Thu 18-Aug-11 15:25:38

They are what I use. Or alternatively a cloth, hot water with the mearest spot of washing up liquid.

I have a leather cleaning & treatment kit from QVC but can't find it on the website - to be honest though, its something I only use a couple of times a year as it isn't for just general cleaning.

babycham42 Thu 18-Aug-11 19:54:48

Damp cloth. Spray polish. Whatever comes to hand. Know I shouldn"t really but it"s donkey"s years old and looks fine to me!

tassisssss Thu 18-Aug-11 19:56:36

babywipes here for sticky bits

timidviper Thu 18-Aug-11 19:57:09

When I bought mine I was told to just think of it as skin and you won't go wrong. I was told don't waste money on special leather products, use baby wipes. I always have and sofa is clean and looks good.

frasersmummy Thu 18-Aug-11 19:58:37

I found leather wipes made the couch shiny if it was already clean but didnt get rid of choc, mucky handprints etc

I find baby wipes do the job beautifully

hollysmam Fri 19-Aug-11 12:45:55

I find baby wipes work best on mine. Miles cheaper than the 'proper' leather wipes too, especially if like me you buy stack loads when they're on offer.
I find that they're better at getting out sticky mess and dried marks (eg dairylea if dd has gone on a wander with her toast!)

pallymama Fri 19-Aug-11 13:50:50

Another vote for baby wipes. If it's a really stubborn mark that's resisting all attempts of removal, I use a damp non-stick sponge scourer! blush Ah well, it hasn't fallen apart yet! grin

redglow Fri 19-Aug-11 15:17:53

Use anything you like I have been trying to ruin my for ages so I can justify getting a new one. You can spray polish on comes up well dettox floor wipes are good still looks like new.

Fuzzled Sat 20-Aug-11 18:31:53

Just a warning. Huggies Aloe Vera wipes took the finish - and then some of the colour from mine sad

Saddle soap is supposed to be good too?

VaginaPuddleduck Sat 20-Aug-11 18:34:22

I don't find the lord sheraton wipes damp enough - as someone else has said they just polish, they don't clean.

I use the Huggies baby wipes - they are always really wet and clean well.

VaginaPuddleduck Sat 20-Aug-11 18:34:46

Oooh, I don't use the huggies aloe vera ones, will make a note not to buy them just in case!

cece Sat 20-Aug-11 18:34:49

I use baby wipes in combination with a leather clean spray that I bought in Poundland.

Laurale31 Sat 20-Aug-11 18:53:19

I use a basin of water with a bit of soap powder, comes up fab,looks as good as the day I bought it, 7 yr ago.

BosomForAPillow Sat 20-Aug-11 18:57:48

Baby wipes here too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now