Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Super Silent Hotpoint Washer

(2 Posts)
Signet2012 Wed 17-Aug-11 23:08:28

I got one second hand off a family member and the seal and soap dispenser where thick with black mould.... I was horrified and nothing would get it clean but I did really like the machine and it was so quiet so I treat the house to a new washer of the newer version of the one I had got from a family member.

Almost immediately I noticed this seal and soap dispenser going black and mouldy! Despite the fact I clean it all the time/ dry it after use/ leave the door open!

Had to get the man out for something else and he suggested using these sachets of stuff (name escapes me) which I did and its made no difference, its progressively got worse and only had the machine a year and its embarrassing. it doesnt get on the clothes or smell but its black right in the creases of seal and washer drawer gets bad if I dont clean it for a week! only two adults live in the house so its not on 24/ 7

Anyone any ideas how i can get rid? Or has anyone else had a similar problem?

Never had this before with any of my washers and nothing around my cleaning regime has changed

thanks smile

nannyl Thu 18-Aug-11 08:34:53

are you using non bio and / or a gel type detergant?

If so try doing occasional washed with bioogical powder.

also i never use the soap dispenser and put whatever detergant im using straight into machine. The only thing thats allowed in there is vinegar (no softerner either)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now