Talk

Advanced search

Recommend a good robust vacuum cleaner please!

(5 Posts)
BadTasteFlump Wed 17-Aug-11 21:04:08

My Hoover Aquavac has finally died on me. It was one of those enormous canister ones, very heavy and a bit cumbersome to move around, but it worked really well. I've intermittently tried the smaller more modern cylinder ones and relegated the Hoover to the garage, but have always ended up getting it out again as the smaller ones don't seem to have much 'go' in them and seem to break really quickly. But now it's really gone sad.

So could anyone recommend a cylinder (bagless) or canister cleaner which isn't horribly expensive and works really well? Thank you!

mrsravelstein Wed 17-Aug-11 21:04:59

sebo is a v good brand, i've had several of their hoovers, they are industrial strength!

Tw1nkle Wed 17-Aug-11 21:11:28

I love my VAX.
Miele are meant to be brilliant.
I'll never have another Dyson though - utter rubbish!!!

southeastastra Wed 17-Aug-11 21:12:56

i got a 1600w one from tesco last week for £38, i think it's easier to just buy yearly now!

Trixiebix Wed 17-Aug-11 21:41:30

I have a Morphy Richards Ultralight 1600 upright , bagless one for over 8 years now. I have the one for 'pet hair' but my brother has the ordinary one which is the same except its 1500 instead of 1600 IYSWIM. I love it and have never had any problems with mine. Would highly recommend it and it does get used a lot. The attachments,nozzles etc are easy to use also. I think ARGOS sell these hoovers as well as any other major electrical distributors.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now