Talk

Advanced search

Which clothes airer do you use?

(10 Posts)
maggiethecat Tue 16-Aug-11 22:31:59

Need to get one desperately. Have always had a simple x shaped one but realise that there are all sorts of fancy ones including drying towers on wheels!

Which do you use and what's good about it?

Seona1973 Wed 17-Aug-11 08:30:30

I have one like this - good for jeans and heavy jumpers and one like this - holds lots of washing and can hang light towels/sheets on the sides using a couple of clothes pegs.

Bunbaker Wed 17-Aug-11 08:33:32

I also have one like Seona1973's first one and one like this

Canistaysane Wed 17-Aug-11 09:30:24

I have a really big one 6ft tall and 4ft wide( didn't realise it was that big when I chose it in Argos book) But it does the job and I'm lucky enough to have a big enough bedroom too fit it in. before that I had a zig zag one a bit like this x shape.
I would recommend if you choose one from a catalogue get your measuring tape out first to make sure you can fit it in.

DaisySteiner Wed 17-Aug-11 09:33:12

I've got a big ceiling airer with 6 rails. It holds masses of washing, dries quickly and is all kept out of the way.

dexter73 Wed 17-Aug-11 09:41:32

I have the Lakeland heated airer. I love it. Holds so much washing yet folds up and goes behind a door when not in use.

maggiethecat Wed 17-Aug-11 20:28:25

I've gone and got a tower one like Seona (Homebase version of Minky) - am going to try it tonight but must say it feels a bit flimsy after putting together. Also the rails are so close together it probably will be difficult to fit chunky items on.

Seona1973 Wed 17-Aug-11 20:39:07

it does seem flimsy but is quite sturdy. I leave one rail free between the washing i.e. hang on every second rail. I hang chunkier clothes on the other airer as there is more space (p.s. homebase and argos sell the same products so it is probably the same airer as I have)

maggiethecat Wed 17-Aug-11 20:52:27

Was hoping that I would not have to get another airer for chunkier items. Surely they could have made one shelf with fewer rails to allow for bulky items but then that would be too easy wouldnt it!

Seona1973 Wed 17-Aug-11 21:06:28

the bit up the middle of the airer has a wider space and thats where I tend to put dh's rugby shorts as they are bulkier

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now