Talk

Advanced search

Upsizing. Please give me your tips on keeping on top of it all.

(5 Posts)
OrganicFreeRangeBoys Tue 16-Aug-11 18:53:00

We are currently in a 2 bed flat, living room, dining area and kitchen are all in one room so basically only 4 rooms plus hallway in the flat.

I have a pretty good routine at the moment that helps me keep the flat clean and tidy and keeps me on top of the washing, without having to spend too much time on it leaving me more time with the boys.

In a few weeks we will be moving into a 3 bed house with huge garden and wondering how I'm going to add the extra rooms & garden into my routine without adding too much time to it. (obviously I don't mind housework otherwise we wouldn't be upsizing grin

But would appreciate your tips/routines on how to make things easier and keep on top of everything.

Thank-you.

iskra Tue 16-Aug-11 19:51:56

Me too! We are moving from a two bed with a small kitchen & living room to a 4 bed semi! I have been wondering the same...

Fuzzywuzzywozabear Tue 16-Aug-11 22:06:52

I've got a 4 bed. I tend to do upstairs one day and downstairs another day. I can't get it all done in one, too tiring and not enough time. In between days I tend to do the bathrooms again, washing and ironing. I also try to keep as tidy as possible which makes it easier when it comes to cleaning.

Chippychop Tue 16-Aug-11 22:20:58

Tidy at the end every day. Clean upstairs one day, downstairs the next for your weekly clean. Wash every other day if you can last that long. Iron at least once every week

OrganicFreeRangeBoys Sun 21-Aug-11 22:21:46

Thank-you.

I`ve drawn up a "routine" which I think will keep me on top of it all. We`ll see how that works out.

The new place needs completely decorating though so maybe i`ll just have to put up with mess for a while anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now