Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Guests over at the weekend - think I may have cracked it!!!

(2 Posts)
McDreamy Mon 15-Aug-11 10:54:19

We had some wonderful friends over for the weekend however their children aren't quite as wonderful! angry In the past they have been quite destructive when we have visited them, they have visited us or we have been on holiday together.

After their last visit last year I said never again but after a recent visit to them when things were quite calm in comparison to to other meetings DH suggested that we asked them over - so we did!

It was a full on weekend despite taking them out and trying to wear them out my house still got trashed but the difference is I just didn't do the usual pre visitor clean up. Apart from shopping for food and making up some beds I did nothing to prepare for their arrival.

So here I am surrounded in chaos and I am feeling so much less stressed than I would be if I had rushed around like a loon on Friday only to be doing it all over again today. smile

whomovedmychocolate Mon 15-Aug-11 20:42:35

Hurrah! Of course the trick is to wait till an hour before they go and announce a 'tidying up party' wink

Or make their DH paint your house while they are there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now