Talk

Advanced search

Anybody interested in joining me for a flylady thread, starting with the babysteps?

(571 Posts)
Carrotsandcelery Sun 14-Aug-11 19:26:53

I joined a thread which started in January and it made an enormous difference to the condition and calm of the household.

I have lapsed blush and thought I would go back to basics and start again.

Anyone want to join me?

My dcs go back to school on Tuesday so I thought I would start on Tuesday morning.

messymammy Sun 14-Aug-11 19:28:59

Why not join the other fly lady thread?I've just joined since the start of August so very mixed group smile

Carrotsandcelery Sun 14-Aug-11 19:31:34

I looked for one messy but couldn't find one. What is it's title?

GeetTallBird Sun 14-Aug-11 19:34:58

If you want to start one I'll join smile

Carrotsandcelery Sun 14-Aug-11 19:42:11

Great GeeTallBird, welcome aboard.

Have you done it before?

PositiveAttitude Sun 14-Aug-11 19:53:00

here's the link we are all quite insane, but very friendly if you wanted to join us. grin

Some of us just do the babysteps, others of us do missions etc. Just come along, jump in and do what you want to, with chat and banter, support and kicks up the bum when needed.

GeetTallBird Sun 14-Aug-11 19:53:58

No, i used to get the fly lady emails but got annoyed with them!!! Oops! GTB smile

Carrotsandcelery Sun 14-Aug-11 20:00:13

The emails are incredibly annoying.

I thought we could just link to the appropriate babystep every day and take it from there.

GeetTallBird Sun 14-Aug-11 21:04:46

Link or post it on here?!

Canistaysane Mon 15-Aug-11 11:31:46

I would join you but I'm already doing a thread for those of us who try but don't
always succeed it's called "never catch up with it (housework)" thread. There are only about three of us on it at present. But anyone is welcome.
Good luck.

Carrotsandcelery Mon 15-Aug-11 14:43:16

Yes link it on here GBT - what do you think?

Canistaysane - fab name! Thanks for the invite. I would like to try to start from the very beginning IYKWIM but if I fall flat on my face (very likely) I will come shuffling along with my head held in shame. smile

Canistaysane Mon 15-Aug-11 15:00:55

That's O.k about the baby steps I think i'm on about day 6 (decluttering) and haven't got much further than that as I have a lot of clutter.
I haven't signed up as I didn't want to get the emails. but I just have a look at the FlyLady website when I need to.

Carrotsandcelery Mon 15-Aug-11 15:07:42

I did masses of decluttering in the first 6 months of this year and I still have loads. It just keeps coming, no matter what I do. I would hire a skip if it didn't make me feel guilty about not recycling/charity shopping most of it.

Canistaysane Mon 15-Aug-11 15:27:01

I know what you mean, I think dh would throw out a lot of our stuff if I let him.
I feel like if something is still good or in working order I would rather charity shop it or sell it than throw it.(or keep it)wink

Carrotsandcelery Mon 15-Aug-11 20:15:37

Aha! It is the keep it that trips us up everytime! I tidied ds's room today so instead of a pile for the charity shop I have a pile waiting for dh to help me to put it up the loft!

GeetTallBird Mon 15-Aug-11 22:06:39

I put loads on freecycle but when there's no takers the stuff just seems to lie about!

Carrotsandcelery Mon 15-Aug-11 22:15:10

IIRC Flylady gets you to put it in a bag/box and put it straight into the car. That way it is in the car when you next pass the charity shop.

We have a dog who comes most places with us, usually in the boot, so if I have a charity bag hanging around in the car it is usually in the passenger seat. That is a mighty incentive to get to the charity shop!

missmakesstuff Mon 15-Aug-11 22:24:00

I will join, on summer hols at moment and need to get in charge of the house before I go back to work in two weeks.

I tried to do it before, but I got very confused, what are you meant to do about everything all piling up when you are only doing the babysteps? I mean, whilst I was happily bleaching my sink, there were piles of clutter just growing behind me!

Sleepglorioussleep Tue 16-Aug-11 00:05:06

Please can I join? Starting to be driven mad by clutter and general mess. Have six week old baby and sitting feeding her makes me more aware of it. Usually i'm not still long enough to notice! I get flylady digest once a day-although I trash it straight away at the moment blush - so I don't get the annoying frequent emails. Our house needs flylady again! We started contemplating putting our house on the Market but the thought of decluttering enough for viewings and then moving has pushed me back to the idea of extending!

Canistaysane Tue 16-Aug-11 07:53:26

Hello I am thinking about joining, but I want to see if my friend wants to join too. We are on the (housework) thread and I don't want to just abandon her as we have been posting on there for a while. I am a bit mixed up about what I want to doconfused

Canistaysane Tue 16-Aug-11 10:19:39

How is it going Ladies? I guess it's today you are starting with babysteps.
Carrots and Celery How was the school run? My ds starts again in September And the school he will be at is nearer to home so hopefully it will be easier to get him there as we wont have to get in and out the car.
Missmakesstuff I try to do a bit of what I want to do (housework) then fit a bit of babysteps in where I can. I am just starting FlyLady and I sort of pick and choose bits of it that I want to do.

Carrotsandcelery Tue 16-Aug-11 10:40:44

Morning ladies!

Babystep Number one is here

As for the rest of it, I plan to do as much housework as I like while I build up the babysteps into a routine again, as it does take quite a while. I will just take comfort from the fact that I obviously haven't slid that much if there is still other stuff I want to do.

Canistaysane why not dip into both threads - the more motivation the better!

Welcome missmakestuff and Sleepglorioussleep smile

The school run went fine thanks Cani - we were ready far too early <unusual> as they were so excited they got up even earlier than normal.

I have written them a list, with pictures although they can both read now, of all the jobs they have to do in the morning before school. I think I will award a sticker every time they do it all without a fuss and 10 stickers will mean some sort of treat.

I always find that they are better in the morning the more organised I am anyway so if we are all getting back into the flylady routines then hopefully all will be a bit calmer.

Mine are 6 and 10 - what has everyone else got? Different ages bring different challenges!

Carrotsandcelery Tue 16-Aug-11 10:44:04

Do we want to motivate each other a bit more by listing what we have got done?

I have loaded the dishwasher, cleaned the worktops, decluttered the vestibule and hall and hoovered the vestibule and hallway. I did have to work round a massive pile of stuff for the loft that I decluttered from ds's bedroom yesterday though so it is not quite pristine in that area.

I am off to start decluttering our study which I literally cannot get into just now (I am NOT exaggerating). I imagine it will take me a few weeks but I can set the flylady timer and see how I get on!

What has everyone else got planned for today? Please report back on your progress and get us all moving!

Canistaysane Tue 16-Aug-11 10:52:55

I have a 7yr old and a 2yr old,
I have been lazy so far today (too busy on MN) but here's my to do list for today
TO DO:
Get dressedshock
wash up /dry up
Try to declutter some paperwork
and potty training

I cleaned my sink yesterday but I do my bathroom sink rather than my kitchen sink(I just find that easier).wink

SilveryMoon Tue 16-Aug-11 10:55:21

Glad you joined sane
I'm sure i was on a thread like this with carrots a few months ago.......am sure that's the thread I know *carots from.
Goodluck ladies grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now